Talk

Advanced search

Winter wonderland London 2017

(5 Posts)
Vanillamanilla1 Sun 24-Sep-17 19:01:55

Who's going ?
Ive been thinking about it but ive heard from previous years it's really expensive
I want to take my 10 year old daughter and my 6 month old grandson
Would you recommend it ??

Bellini81 Sun 24-Sep-17 19:30:54

It used to be worth the trip, we have been every year since it opened but I have to say last year was so overcrowded, it actually felt dangerous.

We had gone on a Sunday afternoon to meet some family who had booked the ice rink (which was wet and barely frozen and again had too many people to actually skate properly) and we queued for ages for the bag check then when inside we could barely walk.

It is expensive but you expect that from a busy London attraction but my kids last year (15 & 10) were stressed as people kept banging into them and people were drinking and smoking and it really felt nothing like it used to. So we are never going again.

If you can maybe get there one weekday afternoon it might be better... but avoid the evenings and weekend.

LexyD1986 Mon 25-Sep-17 11:05:30

We've previously always gone on a Friday evening and it's always been crowded but not too bad, last year we went on a Saturday during the day, was a lot quieter but i think the atmosphere was better when it's busier and it's dark and all the Christmassy lights are on. Think we're going to go back to an evening trip this year.

aghhhhelpjobinterview Mon 25-Sep-17 11:07:20

Op the last time I went a few years ago I didnt enjoy it - too cold and busy, not fun with a buggy, people crashing into it.

However I never booked any of the actual shows, so this might be better, then your assigned a seat etc. I wouldn't personally go on the cuff , its too expensive I would have to make it a proper xmas day out and assign ££££ to it.

MsGameandWatching Mon 25-Sep-17 11:12:44

The first year it was lovely, it's gone steadily downhill. If you could go during the day in the first couple of days it's open it could be ok. Things like the German beer hall and all the stalls are really nice. It's not a destination in itself imo, somewhere to maybe spend an afternoon while you're in London maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now