Talk

Advanced search

Favourite toys between 12 & 24 months

(25 Posts)
MrEBear Wed 20-Sep-17 11:15:38

My LO will be 1 at Christmas. I already have lots of hand me downs. However I still need Santa to deliver some things.

What was your child's favourite toy between 12 and 24 months?

OhOurBilly Wed 20-Sep-17 12:24:39

Hopefully following this for inspiration. My ds will be 13 months at Christmas. I was wondering about getting him a cosy coupe car.

MrEBear Wed 20-Sep-17 13:35:42

My oldest had lots of fun out the Cosy Coupe - it's still sitting in my garden

katienana Wed 20-Sep-17 13:38:22

My 16 month old is mad about toot toot vehicles. We have the garage and airport sets and lots of vehicles. They are very noisy and annoying but he loves playing with then so I can cope with it!

Chickpearocker Wed 20-Sep-17 15:37:09

Mine loved wheeling around a Melissa and Doug trolley. Also scout it's a leapfrog bear, he also had a little people yellow bus. At this stage he became obsessed with water so I bought some funnels and water toys from elc x

Equimum Wed 20-Sep-17 16:20:01

I was coming on to say the Cosy coupe. DS1 was given it for his first birthday. He played in it every day for hat year, and still plays in now, at 4.9years. DS2 is currently 2 and also loves it.

Play good was also popular by about 18m. DS2 loved the play kitchen from about that time as well. Things like toy brooms, mops etc have also been popular.

Avebury Wed 20-Sep-17 16:31:37

Play food
Tea set
Bath toys
Mega sketcher
Musical instruments
Toy cars
Small world type toys like Happy Land
Any kind of toy you can run a ball/vehicle down
Balls
Toy buggy
Shape sorter
Leapfrog activity house with lots of buttons to press
Easel

Stompythedinosaur Wed 20-Sep-17 17:08:30

Mine loved their wheelybug, happyland (especially the London bus), and a collection of farm and dinosaur figures. Also flap books (I think I can probably still quote Spot at the Farm now).

wendz86 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:54:04

Dolls and prams
Happyland type stuff
Duplicate

wendz86 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:54:22

Duplo that was meant to say

Waddlelikeapenguin Wed 20-Sep-17 17:57:26

Roddy horse - bouncy horse
Play kitchen & food
Wheelie bug DS wàs given his at 1 & it still looks nearly new now he's 6 despite 3 children playing with it.
Tent

Threeandabit Wed 20-Sep-17 18:33:45

Bead maze
Weebles and Weeble House

Rosieumbrella Wed 20-Sep-17 21:41:10

I have a 1 year old ds who already has lots of handed down toys. Santa is bringing him a little tikes splash sink and cheap bottle of washing up liquid. The sink has a working tap and little plastic plates to wash, it will be messy to play with but he always wants to help wash up so I'm hoping it will be a big hit!

MrEBear Wed 20-Sep-17 22:10:08

Thankyou ladies you've certainly give me some ideas.
We have some fisher price little people stuff so adding the bus would be a good shout.
Older boy never really took to toot-toot so we only have the airport adding something else would be a good shout.
I'm thinking Weebles could be a good one.

Ball run is something totally different to anything we already have.

IHeartKingThistle Wed 20-Sep-17 22:11:05

Aqua doodle mat!

Equimum Thu 21-Sep-17 07:16:23

I've just thought; DS2 has also had a lot of fun with a scuttlebug from around 15months. He has loved riding it round the garden, and it's been great to take to the park when his big brother has his scooter.

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Thu 21-Sep-17 23:30:57

toddlebike (super light ride on bike -
amazing!) pushchair & soft baby, books, duplo, magna doodle

headintheproverbial Fri 22-Sep-17 09:16:40

One of the best things was a toy buggy. My DS loved pushing his teddies around in it - most kids make a beeline for these at playgroups etc!

tootsieglitterballs Sat 23-Sep-17 18:02:04

Our DS is 2 1/2 now, but last year he loved mega blocks more than anything!

tistheseason2bjolly Sat 23-Sep-17 19:48:17

Tony eggs

Kittykatmacbill Sat 23-Sep-17 22:25:56

Her Big sisters duplo and brio, still both love duplo (nearly 3 and 4 1/2) so that is epic value.

Carrie76 Sat 23-Sep-17 23:31:38

This trike and trailer can't recommend it highly enough trike still going strong 4 years on, all little kids go straight for it!

balalalala Sun 24-Sep-17 10:26:49

We got my dd a cozy coupe for her first birthday and she plays in it literally all day!

forgetthepast Sun 24-Sep-17 10:27:38

Beatbo and fisher price laugh and learn chair

timeisnotaline Sun 24-Sep-17 11:16:12

Fisher price little people are great. If you don't need much and it is just to have a present you could get something like grimms toys? There the lots of great ones - the 6 coloured balls don't cost much and they are one of my two year olds favourites. Also , schleich animals. Last forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now