Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for an actor themed gift?

(6 Posts)
petitdonkey Tue 19-Sep-17 21:51:06

Have had no idea what to get DD (8) for Christmas but after thinking about a desk, which then led to a mirror I thought of a Hollywood/acting theme. She is mad on all things stage related so I thought of one of those Hollywood style mirrors but they are hellishly expensive. DH is handy with MDF so I thought we could build a little corner stage and use a curved rail to add a curtain..... Can you think of anything else??

There will be space in her room as I think she really has outgrown the ELC kitchen now...

Last year DS got a gaming chair - when I asked what she might for Christmas she said that she so hoped the big parcel would be for her - 'it doesn't need to be expensive but I'd love something big'!!

Anyt other suggestions not on the acting theme but big would also be gratefully received!

Isadora2007 Tue 19-Sep-17 21:55:35

I've seen a wee stage with microphone built up in a lounge for a child. Just a small maybe 1.5m square and a few inches off the ground.

Mirror would be fab. What about a rail for dress up clothes and some props?

Needsomezzzz Tue 19-Sep-17 21:55:36

Directors chair?

RuggerHug Tue 19-Sep-17 21:59:01

I was going to say directors chair as well! You can probably get ones with her name on the back as well!

liquidrevolution Tue 19-Sep-17 22:09:43

I think the dressing table is a good idea. If you google there is probably an ikea hack for one.

... a quick search brings up this which as it hides away could double up as a desk?

ikeahack

petitdonkey Wed 20-Sep-17 09:01:36

You lot are brilliant!! That Ikea hack is perfect as she needs a desk too and I never would have thought of a directors chair! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: