Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for an actor themed gift?

(6 Posts)
petitdonkey Tue 19-Sep-17 21:51:06

Have had no idea what to get DD (8) for Christmas but after thinking about a desk, which then led to a mirror I thought of a Hollywood/acting theme. She is mad on all things stage related so I thought of one of those Hollywood style mirrors but they are hellishly expensive. DH is handy with MDF so I thought we could build a little corner stage and use a curved rail to add a curtain..... Can you think of anything else??

There will be space in her room as I think she really has outgrown the ELC kitchen now...

Last year DS got a gaming chair - when I asked what she might for Christmas she said that she so hoped the big parcel would be for her - 'it doesn't need to be expensive but I'd love something big'!!

Anyt other suggestions not on the acting theme but big would also be gratefully received!

Isadora2007 Tue 19-Sep-17 21:55:35

I've seen a wee stage with microphone built up in a lounge for a child. Just a small maybe 1.5m square and a few inches off the ground.

Mirror would be fab. What about a rail for dress up clothes and some props?

Needsomezzzz Tue 19-Sep-17 21:55:36

Directors chair?

RuggerHug Tue 19-Sep-17 21:59:01

I was going to say directors chair as well! You can probably get ones with her name on the back as well!

liquidrevolution Tue 19-Sep-17 22:09:43

I think the dressing table is a good idea. If you google there is probably an ikea hack for one.

... a quick search brings up this which as it hides away could double up as a desk?

ikeahack

petitdonkey Wed 20-Sep-17 09:01:36

You lot are brilliant!! That Ikea hack is perfect as she needs a desk too and I never would have thought of a directors chair! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now