Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lol doll giant balls

(17 Posts)
Stompythedinosaur Tue 19-Sep-17 18:49:48

I've seen a couple of mentions of these and I'm wondering where is selling them? Also, does anyone know roughly what's inside?

Trying to judge how much of a rip off they are. But I'm sure my dds would be delighted with them.

Fancythat69 Tue 19-Sep-17 18:53:35

Argos and smyths will be selling them,, smyths had a preorder open today for them but I think they are out of stock now. Type lol doll big surprise into YouTube for a run down on what's in them. I think there is 12 accessories, 5 bath bombs, 2 big sisters and 2 little sisters if I remember rightly.

Fancythat69 Tue 19-Sep-17 18:54:34

Forgot to say I managed to preorder one for my 6 year old dd, she will be ecstatic on Xmas morning when she sees it!

Stompythedinosaur Tue 19-Sep-17 20:06:02

Thanks that's really helpful.

I'm really torn, I'm sure my dds would be really happy to get one but £60 is a lot for what's offered. I could get them 4 normal dolls and 4 little sister dolls for that price. But I suppose the opening is an important part. Am undecided.

Piccolino2 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:17:14

I’m debating this too. For my nearly 4 year old which seems a bit ridiculous but she has 2 big sisters and one little sister already and she would absolutely go crazy for it. Does seem expensive for what I could buy for less than half the price though but could be worth it for the magic. What to do?
Anyone else debating?

screamativemom Sat 21-Oct-17 01:28:56

I’m debating whether to buy one for my 8 year old, it’s just the price....

Hawkmoth Sat 21-Oct-17 01:33:39

I did a preorder the other day. Hoping nothing goes wrong. DD earned a big sister this week through various tidying up tasks and letting the doctor look in her ears (suspected ASD) and the time she spent opening it and talking me through everything was joyful. I think watching her open fifty surprises will be better than any other present I get!

Lovemusic33 Sat 21-Oct-17 08:41:55

Hawk my dd has ASD and is obsessed with box openings, she's 11 now but I'm still tempted by the LOL as I know she will love opening them, it's worth £60 just to watch her face when she opens them whilst talking through what she has.

Stompythedinosaur Sat 21-Oct-17 09:50:04

I have given in and pre ordered not 1 but 2 of these for my dds. Almost certainly a waste of money, but they will be thrilled.

Juanbablo Sat 21-Oct-17 10:42:59

I think Argos has them in stock. I've been thinking about ordering one for my dd but it would need to be her main present. We were going to get her a bike but can't afford a bike and a lol doll ball.

PugwallsSummer Sat 21-Oct-17 11:04:22

Get her a bike - she'll get months of use out of it. She'll have lost interest in the contents of the surprise ball long before she loses interest in the bike.

I think if you can afford it as an extra gift, then great - I can see how kids would love it (especially if they love those awful unwrapping YouTube vids like my DD!). But I think the contents of the ball have a short shelf life in terms of holding their interest, so not a good "Main present" if you see what I mean...

Buy a small one, or a few different cheaper blind bags, to put in her stocking instead...

Juanbablo Sat 21-Oct-17 11:06:10

Pugwalls you are right. The children ride their bikes pretty much every day and dd is still on her tiny bike she got back at Christmas 2013! She was so tiny for ages but she's had a big growth spurt and needs a bigger bike.

Her birthday is in March so maybe she could have the LOL ball then.

ADishBestEatenCold Sat 21-Oct-17 11:24:48

Wow!!!!

What a lot of .... plastic!

TKRedLemonade Sat 21-Oct-17 15:36:15

Part of the attraction of this for me (after the sheer excitement it will be for my almost 4 year old ) is that it won't take up any space once it's opened!!! (Live in an apt)

zoomer456 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:28:35

Does anyone's child already have one? I'm interested to see what's inside x

whimsical1975 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:10:27

Zoomer have a look on YouTube, they have a few reveal video's on there

zoomer456 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:14:18

Ok thanks I should have guessed lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now