Talk

Advanced search

Lidl

(38 Posts)
Snausage Mon 18-Sep-17 14:05:02

When does their Christmas stuff come out?!

Mini stollen, panettone, mini stollen, gingerbread...

More mini stollen...

ConorMcGregorsChin Mon 18-Sep-17 15:20:10

Mmm. Mini stollen!

I'm sure one of the Christmas experts will be along soon but late September rings a bell with me.
I think if you sign up online for their newsletter they will give a heads up grin

Mmmm. Mini stollen....

DeadDoorpost Mon 18-Sep-17 15:25:52

I always remember my parents getting some during October from them. They're major Christmas expert and know when which ships get their stuff out. However they never pass on the good information to me unless I ask 😂😂 but October rings a bell. Usually it starts overlapping with the Halloween treats.

Mrsmadevans Mon 18-Sep-17 16:26:40

Nice frozen stuff in ours for christmas, turkey crowns, nut roast which 70isalimit tried and said was very nutty and carroty better than the LMC one . Other roast meats there but all frozen this was in Cwmbran.

Star2015 Mon 18-Sep-17 16:48:17

Oh I love the leubuchan (have I spelt that right?).... aka the chocolate covered gingerbread!

Prokupatuscrakedatus Mon 18-Sep-17 18:04:47

@ star2015
Would I translate Lebkuchen by gingerbread? They never teach you the really important words.

DD once tried to find out what a swiss roll is and if it is normal to eat some for breakfast as the youngsters in the book she was reading did..... and then on to jacket potatoes.smile

Chocolatecake12 Mon 18-Sep-17 19:17:04

Mini stollen.......my absolute favourite Lidl item ever!
Last year after I'd eaten my own weight in it i managed to get some more in the January sale for about 49p a box!

LittleMousewithcloggson Mon 18-Sep-17 20:05:05

The mini stollen is defective, don't buy it. It goes in your trolley, makes it to the car but has mysteriously turned into just a few crumbs by the time you get home!

JustMeeAgain Mon 18-Sep-17 20:08:16

I travelled 45 minutes on a bus last year just to buy mini stollen. There is now a new Lidl closer to home....looks like I'm gonna be a lot fatter in the new year grin

Ditsy1980 Mon 18-Sep-17 20:16:29

Mini stollen! Yes! Especially the apple one

TheOnlyPink Tue 19-Sep-17 12:43:06

First week of october, I wrote it in my Xmas planner last year!

purplecorkheart Tue 19-Sep-17 13:11:12

I have never tried the mini Stollen mist get some this year.

scrabbler3 Tue 19-Sep-17 17:27:35

I like milk chocolate in small amounts, and trifle, but otherwise I don't have a sweet tooth (I'm all about the crisps, mini quiches, cheese etc at Christmas) but I enjoy visiting Lidl and looking at it all! I like the gingerbread houses in particular.

ladymariner Tue 19-Sep-17 18:48:16

We had the Christmas pudding last year, the £8.99 or was it £9.99, doesn't matter as I'd pay double that, it was fabulous! Waiting to pounce on it when it comes in star

shouldwestayorshouldwego Wed 20-Sep-17 06:17:14

Wish I hadn't clicked on this now, I loved mini stollen - googles gluten free stollen but it won't be the same. Will just have to buy chocolate to make up the calories somehow.

SymphonyofShadows Wed 20-Sep-17 17:46:01

The sour cherries (freeze dried) in dark chocolate are amazing. I'm waiting for these as I don't like marzipan stuff.

FreezerBird Thu 21-Sep-17 13:08:42

The 'on this day' whatnot on Facebook informs me that the mini stollen were in this time last year.

Not in my local yet though!

FreezerBird Thu 21-Sep-17 13:14:59

I'm lying. It was later in September last year, but it was definitely September.

(Also can I recommend the Christmas spiced fudge? You can thank me later.)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-Sep-17 20:37:54

I'm planning to check the Heidi Klum range (if there's anything left ) so I'll suss out the mini stollen situation.

I'm waiting for chocolate marzipan. Some ranges are just nasty.
I love the Niederegger marzipan but not M&S or Thorntons.
Quite like the Aldi Marzipan Eggs (at Easter ) , I can check them online.

McDougal Fri 22-Sep-17 21:48:50

I’ve almost eaten a full pack of mini stollen tonight.

I was very excited when I popped in for something for tea and saw a few Christmas bits. Panettone and stollen as far as I could see but can’t imagine the rest being far behind.

Mrsmadevans Fri 22-Sep-17 22:19:06

I can't buy anything except turkey crowns before the week of xmas because I will eat the flaming lot but oh boy I can dream and make plans and lists .......can't wait !

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 23-Sep-17 13:17:44

I think they put crack in the spiced biscuits. Totally addictive.

Badders08 Sat 23-Sep-17 13:31:30

Bought a pannetone this morning

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 23-Sep-17 13:34:33

Think my idea of hell is one of the big newspapers doing an article on how good the Christmas food is in Lidl. They did it on the Christmas biscuits a few years back and I never saw them in the shops again until the next Christmas. Addicted? Me? grin

Mrsmadevans Sat 23-Sep-17 17:35:22

They had lots of christmas stuff in mine today. I didn't stop to look--too dangerous--

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now