Talk

Advanced search

How to give a digital gift

(8 Posts)
Annwithnoe Mon 04-Sep-17 14:08:16

Any tips or ideas on how to present a digital download type gift?
Is there a more elegant way of doing this than "give me your tablet here for a minute"
grin

Annwithnoe Thu 07-Sep-17 12:22:00

Oh I was sure you lot would have some amazingly creative ideas

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Thu 07-Sep-17 12:30:46

Make a gift voucher on the computer and present in an envelope?
Or if you're not so good on the computer (like me grin) you could buy a Christmas card and print off something to stick inside explaining what the gift is?
I've had Moonpig cards made for that sort of thing previously. So you could photos of whatever it's related to on the front of the card and then inside a description/code needed etc

eyebrowsonfleek Tue 19-Sep-17 18:49:58

I print the code out so it's gift voucher size and stick it in a Christmas card that's meant for vouchers/cash.

GinevraFanshawe Thu 21-Sep-17 12:55:01

Print out the code and then hide it in one of the following:
-a book they def don't want (Geri Halliwell's autobiography or whatever) or inside a DVD case they would hate (get these from the charity shop obvs)
- inside a jar of sweets so they only find it when they've eaten some
-inside a cardboard shape from hobbycraft- you could get a reindeer, a little house, etc then wrap in tissue paper so the unusual shape isn't obscured.
- inside a pair of socks
- get an extremely long length of ribbon, attach it to one end and hide in a cupboard/ under the sofa cushions or similar, then wind the ribbon all round the room unobtrusively, ending under the Christmas tree with a gift tag with their name on.
-treasure hunt to find all the sections of the download code
- inside a helium balloon, with confetti in it, inside a (heavy) box. Write "pop me" on the balloon.
- inside one of those things kids bash at parties (forgotten the name??)

GinevraFanshawe Thu 21-Sep-17 13:05:32

A piñata! That's what they're called.

I've inspired myself here, I just have to think of a digital download type present to give someone now!

TheWoollybacksWife Thu 21-Sep-17 14:19:34

Photograph it and get it made into a jigsaw at a photo printing place. I know Boots definitely do them.

Annwithnoe Thu 21-Sep-17 17:13:33

Forgot I started this thread blush these are great ideas. thecribbon one would be great for a big present too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now