Talk

Advanced search

The excitement of hearing Christmas music... in June!

(10 Posts)
Star2015 Fri 23-Jun-17 20:51:06

I work in a school and today I thought I heard Christmas music from one of the music lessons...

It wasn't of course blush but the excitement in that moment made me realise I really am a Christmas fanatic!

Just had to share with you! smile

73kittycat73 Sat 24-Jun-17 00:50:33

I've been listening to Christmas music on YouTube. fgrin
I think you should go in the music room and demand that they start practicing Christmas music so by December they are very good. For their own sakes of course. fwink

AnyFarrahFowler Sat 24-Jun-17 09:21:03

Have you seen the latest Boots advert, set to the tune of I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday?! But they've changed the word "Christmas" to "summer". I can't say I agree with the sentiment - it just made me want to listen to my Christmas playlist!

sluj Sat 24-Jun-17 09:24:42

The soundtrack to "Nativity" came up on my playlist this week so I let it carry on. 32 degrees, car aircon blasting out, sunglasses on.

Is this what it's like in Australia at Christmas?

blacksmiths09 Sun 25-Jun-17 08:55:07

I have my iPod touch rammed with music......and there are loads of Christmas albums on there. When we are sat out in the back garden enjoying a glass of wine or two the shuffle setting seems to throw up a Christmas song every other track 😄🎄

It's nice to sit outside in the evening summer weather and listen to some Xmas favourites 👍🏻

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Jun-17 13:59:19

My iPhone ringtone was "FairyTale of New York" (Pogues) until I upgraded to a new(er) phone.........
fgrin

OhOurBilly Sun 25-Jun-17 21:17:49

I go on YouTube and watch various people's "Vlogmas" if I need a Christmas fix. I'm already excited about this year as it will be DS's first proper Christmas (he was just shy of 4 weeks last year so didn't really enter into the spirit much) 🎅🎅🎅

OhtoblazeswithElvira Tue 27-Jun-17 23:08:30

I got a Christmas fix yesterday on YouTube. Oh holy night (Roberto Alagna wink) and those 2 American sisters singing God rest you merry gentlemen. Midsummer is done and dusted, surely it's OK to start humming now?

AuditAngel Tue 27-Jun-17 23:16:09

Last June we started rehearses for a cabaret in Nivember that opened with Christmas carols. By the time we had finished the cabaret it was legitimate time for Caroks.

In April we did the cabaret as part of the show, so Caroks again until April

Now setting the cabaret for this Novembev and the hosts requested more Carols.

I live Caroks, my friend's husband only believes they should play for one week before Christmas

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 27-Jun-17 23:32:08

I collect Emma Bridgewater pottery. I have a lovely Christmas collection coming along. Last year was my first year of displaying it. I'm actually looking forward to getting it all out again. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now