Talk

Advanced search

What does your four year old play with?

(11 Posts)
Mallowmarshmallow Tue 30-May-17 10:19:01

My DS has an upcoming birthday near the end of the year, then obviously have Christmas to plan for too. I'd like to stay compiling some thoughts....

What do your 4 year old boys like to play with?

MelinaMercury Tue 30-May-17 13:44:32

My 4yo loves her wooden train set, marble run, space hopper, Kiddizoom camera and dinosaur foam picture things that stick to the bathroom tiles.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Tue 30-May-17 17:32:04

Marble run
Lego - not Duplo. Bricks rather than "build this plane" sets
Junior Scalectrix
Wooden train set
"Junk modelling" AKA emptying the recycling and gluing it all together

ahipponamedbooboobutt Tue 30-May-17 18:55:59

Ds is 5 but his favourite toys are superheroes/imaginext. He also has a wooden castle he loves playing with. He's also playing Pokémon a lot but I think that's more the influence of his elder brother.

PrincessPlod Tue 30-May-17 19:12:15

Matchbox cars, Lego, playmobil, stickers god he loves sticks and art stuff.

starlight36 Tue 30-May-17 20:50:43

Dinosaurs
Transformer RescueBot toys
Playmobil pirates and knights sets
Lego - more bricks than anything else
Wooden train set
Board games - orchard toys and silly games - Pop Up Pirates and Hungry Hippos

Methenyouplus4 Thu 01-Jun-17 07:04:57

Wooden train set, metal toy cars, plastic dinosaurs, scooter, sand pit, any sort of figures he can play imaginatively with e.g. happyland/sylvanian/ playmobil, play food/ kitchen, a doll. He is getting a castle for Xmas and some monsters etc as figures.

Methenyouplus4 Thu 01-Jun-17 07:05:19

Oh and his farm.

nellifurtardo Thu 01-Jun-17 07:22:48

My nearly 4 year old plays with lego, dress up costumes which are mostly super hero themed. Board games like pop up pirate, puzzles, cars, any role play things oh and magazines and stickers. I forgot to mention his Nintendo ds.

Turnbacktime101 Sun 04-Jun-17 23:07:02

Playmobil - fire fighter / police sets
Rescue bots
Fireman Sam stuff - good bargains to be had on second hand bundles on eBay with this
Boats. Big bloody boats in the bath
Trains - wooden tracks and brio battery powered trains are the best
I wouldn't make the mistake again IME of buying Lego sets at this stage as I think they loose creativity of just having big box of bricks. Duplo is shite
Dinosaurs. Get a few good ones and then a big box of cheap extras from Asda etc. Love making dinosaur world <the kids do, honest>
And maybe the best gift for a four year old boy - a whoopie cushion

mmgirish Mon 05-Jun-17 09:53:41

My 5 and 2 year old kids love to play with: Dress up clothes, wooden trains, duplo, lego, bicycles, transport toys and dinosaurs/animals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now