Talk

Advanced search

help with present ideas?

(4 Posts)
simplysleepy Sat 20-May-17 11:37:54

this will be revealing, but here goes, starting looking for presents now as i find it so tricky

i have a brother (technically half brother) who is 20 years older than me, but despite this we are relatively close, or as close as a 19yo and a married 39yo w/ a 2yo dd can be.
my SIL is american, and because i have almost nothing in common with the both of them i find them extremely hard to buy for.
we all live in london atm but soon they will be moving up the country, although my dbro will be commuting fairly regularly as his job is split site.

for xmas last year i got them a box of 6 craft beers, something they are really into. but I'm stumpted for what to get them this year. i can't get any experience type things as they are so busy, and can't do babysitting type gifts as they are moving away and soon i will be at uni in scotland.

any advice appreciated
thanks

Teddy6767 Sat 20-May-17 11:40:52

Are they foodies? A little hamper/gift basket that you could put some nice gourmet things in like jam, cake, beer, chocolates, chutney etc

Or how about a monthly subscription to the Beer Club? They deliver a selection of different craft beers to your door once a month.

Teddy6767 Sat 20-May-17 11:50:51

Sorry just saw that the beer club subscription could work out to be very pricey. What about one of those home brewing beer kits you can get on Amazon where they could have a go at making their own craft beer? My DP's dad was given one for Xmas and he absolutely loved t

MusicToMyEars800 Sun 28-May-17 10:48:43

I was going to suggest the same as Teddy A hamper with some homemade or fancy shop bought chutneys, you could put some nice cheeses in there little homemade brownies, maybe some nice bath bits for SIL and DB if he likes that sort of stuff? You said your SIL is American, what about getting her some American food bits, you can find them on Amazon or in Tesco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now