Talk

Advanced search

Going away at Christmas

(3 Posts)
blondehair Mon 10-Apr-17 19:16:57

This Christmas will be the first year with a baby and me and OH looking to go away somewhere hot and have a nice time. (No longer than a week)

I know for a fact everyone else in the family will be a bit pissed off about not seeing the baby over Christmas.

We haven't booked it yet but was just wandering if anyone else had been away over Christmas with a new baby? And whether we should actually do it or not.

Bluntness100 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:19:49

How old is your baby? And where in the world are you? For a week at Xmas to be hot you're looking at long haul if you're from Europe and that's seldom worth it for a week. However you can see everyone before or after, I wouldn't be concerned about that.

1stTimeMama Sun 11-Jun-17 10:36:36

My OH and I spent out first Christmas together in Mexico, although we didn't have children. I'm used to family Christmases and it was so unChristmassy. I won't go away at Christmas again I don't think. Having said that, my parents, my brother, and I went to Florida one year and it was fab, but we were all together so it still had some Christmas magic :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now