Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else read the Christmas Riot Act?

(5 Posts)
Beatrix22 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:41:43

I know routine goes out the window this time of year but had to read 7yo the riot act this morning.
From squabbling with friends to not completing chores, being demanding, selfish and impatient I have took the new year as an opportunity to refresh the household rules.
Anyone else suffering this?

kippersandcurtains Mon 02-Jan-17 10:52:33

Yep. Routine out of the window (not helped by arrival of dc3), cooped up indoors, lots of gifts/attention from visitors etc - a perfect combination. They are over excited, silly and incapable of playing nicely together. Dh & I are tired and so not on top of things. Roll on the start of the new term!

workatemylife Mon 02-Jan-17 15:23:59

Not yet but it is coming! We need to be back in a functioning routine for Wednesday school and work, and I'm determined to be on top of things - and have the DCs pulling their weight - this term. It all got a bit mad before Christmas and I'm dreaming of being that mum at the school gate who isn't racing up the last 50 yards after three attempts to leave the house with the right people, right possessions, and at the right time.....

Lilaclily Mon 02-Jan-17 15:25:35

Wednesday can't come soon enough !

lollyj84 Mon 02-Jan-17 18:06:55

Oh yes! My 2 Dc have not stoped arguing since the moment they got up this morning.
I have a cold+sore throat and it not helping. I've resorted to having one play upstairs and one downstairs just for a bit of peace. Dh sulking over football which annoys the hell out of me.
On a brighter note kids back to school tomrrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: