Talk

Advanced search

Time capsule

(6 Posts)
thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:04:59

Thought I'd share this as it seems like such a lovely idea!
I'm going to hide a 'time capsule' in with my Christmas decs when they go away on Sunday- what we've been doing, what our favourite presents were, a few 'facts' about our family as we are now (eg. The words baby ds can say --not very many--) so that we get a nice family moment next year when we open them all back up.
Nice idea? Dh thinks it's sappy, but my dc babies are growing up so fast it warms my heart up to think of us opening it next year and looking back.
What else would you put in?

lostlalaloopsy Fri 30-Dec-16 21:10:55

That is a really lovely idea! I think I may do it too. I would put on something you are looking forward to in the coming year.

ChristmasTreeKisses Fri 30-Dec-16 21:11:34

I love it especially if you leave this years in but add more year on year.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:17:20

Actually that's even better, maybe our goals for the year ahead and what we think we'll be doing by next year.

WingsClipped Fri 30-Dec-16 22:18:14

Amazing idea!!! I'm so stealing this!

ChristmasZombie Sat 31-Dec-16 07:59:22

I have one of these: wordery.com/christmas-present-christmas-past-from-you-to-me-9781907048104?currency=GBP>rck=OHEvMGhjb0dsb2VrMzJiaW5rL3MwVE1qckRCNFZLRzZIZTA2bit3dEQrR3NTdWhsQnVXbHJkdERxU05WZFVEQzVxOGVzb25GTk1LN3ZRZFg1eVVmWXc9PQ&gclid=CjwKEAiAqJjDBRCG5KK6hq_juDwSJABRm03hQlFr5LzKYzQMydyRgBBDcSTDcX-TLYGIOd7apxBEdhoCwfzw_wcB
It's a ten year Christmas journal. Each year you fill in pages about Christmas eve and Christmas day, and reflections on the past year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now