Talk

Advanced search

Stocking successes?

(59 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 27-Dec-16 10:40:50

What went down well this year?

In my house it was the 99p 'cracker joke book' from Card Factory fsmile

Cagliostro Tue 27-Dec-16 10:52:03

9yo DD got a scooter and superhero costume for her Lottie doll in her stocking - she barely let go of them all day!

7yo DS was overjoyed with a hatch n Hero Baymax as he loves transformers etc.

Biggest hit for both of them in the stocking I think was the watches - it was a twitch present but I found a set of two cheap time teacher watches and they love them! Both struggled with telling the time as they have SN. Since they put them on we've had a constant background of "what's the time" but they are really starting to get it now which is brilliant.

WiltingTulip Tue 27-Dec-16 11:02:09

My success was changing the stocking to just some sweets and a book (DVD for youngest).

It's part of my plan to reduce the number of presents they each receive. Best Christmas yet.

ILikeThatSong123 Tue 27-Dec-16 11:23:03

DD is 11 and she's been asking for a hot glue gun for a while now for all her arts-crafts projects. I bought a small one costing 5 pounds that already included some glue sticks too. Also bought some additional packs of glue sticks, both plain and glittery ones, costing 2 pounds each pack. All came from Tiger shop. She also had invisible ink pens that only becomes visible with ultraviolet light that is at the tip of the pen. Several other pens, unusual stationery items, a large sharpener that sharpens carrots, another pencil sharpener that is inside a nostril of a plastic nose, fingertip erasers that are worn on finger tips like a glove, etc. She loved it all, declaring how unusual they were. All from Tiger.

lucysmam Tue 27-Dec-16 11:27:50

ILike, it's a shame we don't have a Tiger near us, my two love carrotts & would be highly amused by a carrott sharpener!

ILikeThatSong123 Tue 27-Dec-16 11:37:11

lucysmam I believe it is possible to find it online. I never knew such a thing existed before.

KC225 Tue 27-Dec-16 12:12:05

It was plastic pinball, where you pull a spring lever a the ball shoots to the top before landing in 5O, 100, 200 points etc. 2.5O reduced in M&S sale last year.

Also 2.00 fabric pens (reduced from M&S) and a basic white t.shirt from ASDA. Kids aged 9 made their own Christmas t.shirts.

mimi14 Tue 27-Dec-16 12:13:39

DS' favourite of all his presents was the 99p fake sticky poo. Forget the expensive Lego sets, the sticky poo has hardly been put down (other than to hide it under someone's bum!).

For DD, her little peppa handbag has trumped the Beat Belle, giant talking peppa pig and dolls house hmm

KingLooieCatz Tue 27-Dec-16 13:41:54

Small pencil sharpener was "EPIC! The best pencil sharpener ever!".

Also small plastic monsters second hand from Marie Curie charity shop. I only ever see them there and they are so small he sometimes gets one for good behaviour. I'd picked up a couple of packets of them when I saw them back in time but was in two minds about putting them in the stocking. DS (8) went absolutely nuts for every single one and there were about 5 wrapped separately.

Lilicat1013 Tue 27-Dec-16 14:04:21

My younger son got two magnetic ice creams which he loved, he was holding them all day.

My older son loved his Schleich Smurfs and was making an Igloo for them out of out bed covers, the biggest hit though was the Care Bears. A few months ago I let him choose some toys at a second hand stall at a fete, he chose six small Care Bears. He loves them and has played with them ever since, I looked up how to get more and found they were blind bags ones but the only place I could find them sold was eBay for around £5 per tiny figure so I didn't get any more.

About two weeks before Christmas I spotted them in Wilko for £2.50 a pack so I got two for his stocking. He was so pleased and they were definitely one of his best presents.

ChristmasZombie Tue 27-Dec-16 14:07:10

Plastic cupcakes from Poundland.

LilQueenie Tue 27-Dec-16 14:10:21

a 69p harmonica, barbie doll with flying space pet, frozen toys and elsa dress up.

DubiousCredentials Tue 27-Dec-16 14:19:09

These Barbie mermaid outfits.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HF2VGP8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UFNyybNXNVCAJ

redexpat Tue 27-Dec-16 14:21:52

flashing torch disco lights from tiger.

MiniDoofa Tue 27-Dec-16 14:24:11

Melting snowmen made out of a silly putty type substance - complete with hat, scarf, stick arms and carrot nose. You build him, them he melts into a puddle so you build him again, 3 DCs aged 9, 6 and 5 all love them. I'm a bit taken with them myself, strangely addictive and very cheap!! 😀

YesThisIsMe Tue 27-Dec-16 14:28:43

Nano speed cars for DS and Miss Sporty copper nail varnish for DD.

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 27-Dec-16 17:33:09

Sticky notes. 5 and 3, absolutely obsessed, using them all the time, arguing over them even though they have exactly the same.

5 year old also loves his Stormtrooper notebook and iron man pen, using them constantly (with the sticky notes!)

3 year old got some Frozen snack boxes and has been playing with those the most, putting her satsuma and, yes, sticky notes in them fgrin

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Tue 27-Dec-16 17:37:21

Glow sticks! Got them for DSS birthday party bags and threw the remaining ones and connectors in his stocking. He made a glowing flower and took it home to his mum.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 27-Dec-16 17:46:27

Bath basketball. Impulse buy from Wilkos. Cost £3.

SixtyDegreesNorth Tue 27-Dec-16 17:51:37

A hatching dinosaur. £1.99 delivered from Amazon. Just hatching now and much better value than the hatchimal a friend paid £80 for. That has hatched and has been forgotten.

MrsHathaway Tue 27-Dec-16 18:11:53

Comics
Character toothbrush
Chocolate Pokeballs

HellsBellsAndBucketsOfBlood Tue 27-Dec-16 23:23:27

Snap card game, from tiger, bought for DS8, some weird pictures and words, squirrel with "bury my nuts" anyone??

Everyone's played it, just basic snap!

RatOnnaStick Tue 27-Dec-16 23:30:02

Toy cars, toy plane, jelly babies.

ChocolateStarBiscuits Wed 28-Dec-16 16:27:34

Harry Potter snowglobe for 10yo and Lego torch for 4yo.

Toomanywheeliebinsagain Wed 28-Dec-16 16:30:55

Three bubble baths in the shape of olav, anna and Elsa. I got them from M&S. Huge hit. Have been played with like toys. Constantly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now