Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

And we are off!

(6 Posts)
flapjackfairy Sat 24-Dec-16 22:07:04

I have been running myself ragged for weeks now like most mums and finally sat down having just put all the presents out! Dd brought down her presents and because i asked her to be careful not to crush any presents putting hers under the tree queue huffing, puffing , slamming presents down and lots of eye rolling!
I snapped and had a bit of a rant and she has now slammed off upstairs leaving me feeling cross and guilty in equal measure!
Why is it that despite my best endeavours the stress and exhaustion always hits on christmas eve!
Please tell me its not just me !!

PatriciaHolm Sat 24-Dec-16 22:11:19

Because no one respects martyrdom. Running yourself ragged isn't necessary, really, and of course no-one else gets it because in many cases it's all a bit over the top.

That said there was no excuse for her to be rude to you.

OopsDearyMe Sat 24-Dec-16 22:15:48

Oh shut up !! Patriciaholm.

The poor woman is not being a martyr, she's looking for some support. God some of the fuckers on here piss me off.
Its Christmas eve ffs.
Its the stress and pressure OP that's talking and you need to take five. How old is DD? Sounds like my stroppy pre teen most of the time. Getting her butt off the sofa is a struggle most days.
Just remember it will be appreciated really. Its just that we expect so much of ourselves and others. You have worked hard and good on you. Now try to enjoy it.

flapjackfairy Sat 24-Dec-16 22:25:05

She is 17 and just popped her head round the door to say sorry!
I get so annoyed with myself for not just letting it go over my head ! Goodness knows i have had enough practise over the years so should be able to!!
Still wouldnt be christmas without the teenage strop and harrassed mother outbursts i suppose!
Anyway peace restored so happy christmas to all. Hope all mums get some time to relax over the coming days x

PatriciaHolm Sat 24-Dec-16 22:29:41

Lovely that she said sorry. Everyone a bit tired?

Running yourself ragged honestly helps no one, and isn't necessary. Could you enlist some more help from her (and others) next year? Mums don't have a monopoly on Christmas work!

flapjackfairy Sat 24-Dec-16 22:36:08

True patricia. I am a bit of a control freak so you are right that it is partly my own fault as i find it hard to delegate!
A lesson for next christmas i think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now