Talk

Advanced search

DH scoffed at my pile of presents

(10 Posts)
Note3 Sat 24-Dec-16 22:05:13

Classic moment. I'm already pissed off with him as he stayed chatting to a friend despite needing to leave and collect out dinner from takeaway so when he arrived over an hour late I told him I wasn't eating it as it was cold and I was hacked off.

I get out all the presents and put them in the lounge ready for tomorrow. He nods towards a carrier bag and scoffs "haha guess that's mine". So I pointed out that no, actually those are mine (from him). I then pointed to a full to the brim bag which are his. He shut up at that point. Moron!

Note3 Sat 24-Dec-16 22:07:32

Sorry meant to say the carrier he scoffed at was about a third full.

I'm not fussed about how much he got for me as told him to just get a couple of token presents from the children. Just thought it was typical that he picks a bad moment to make a comment like that. Idiot!

Frollyhollyday Sat 24-Dec-16 22:51:09

Well he's shown himself up. Enjoy Christmas x

Note3 Sat 24-Dec-16 23:37:03

Frolly - thanks. He definately did! Have a lovely Christmas too smile

Five2ate Sat 24-Dec-16 23:49:37

I don't understand this thread. Is he in trouble because he has got too many presents or because you haven't got enough?

Disclaimer: I may possibly have had a glass too many fgrin

awayinamazda Sat 24-Dec-16 23:53:07

He's in trouble for sneering coz he thought the OP only got him a small bag of gifts, but that was his bag, for her, so not only was he being nasty, he was wrong, it was HIM that didn't get her many gifts.
Not sure if that helped!

Five2ate Sun 25-Dec-16 00:06:40

Ahhhh now I'm with you. Yes all clear now!

colouringinagain Sun 25-Dec-16 00:14:56

LTB.

EnidButton Sun 25-Dec-16 02:07:46

Was it more of a sheepish attempt at lightening the atmosphere by suggesting he probably won't be getting much he's in the dog house. Haha.

Clumsy and not the time but I think that might've been what he was doing.

Note3 Sun 25-Dec-16 11:19:12

Haha yes Enid think you're right there. I haven't written the post well and it wasn't intended to be a grumpy poor me one, more of a haha can't believe he's such an idiot one but I agree I've not written it brilliantly. Unfortunately had to keep stopping to answer questions while posting.

Hope everyone is having having a lovely Christmas. I am as my children are having the best day ever and it's lovely watching their faces light up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now