Talk

Advanced search

So, who is building toys tonight?

(46 Posts)
SisterViktorine Sat 24-Dec-16 19:08:23

DH and I have a go kart to build once we get a very excited DS(6) to sleep.

I bloody hope there are allen keys in that box!!

OhHolyFuck Sat 24-Dec-16 19:09:28

A cardboard rocket I think is the worst of it, there's Lego too but I'll delegate that to ex-dp to do with DS1 tomorrow

amysmummy12345 Sat 24-Dec-16 19:09:40

We've got a frozen bike... Tense times 😂

WreckTangled Sat 24-Dec-16 19:10:34

We've got an ikea desk to build. (Doesn't sound exciting but dd will love it!). I think it should be pretty simple...

BellaGoth Sat 24-Dec-16 19:11:55

We did the playmobil earlier in the week, so it's just the jumperoo to sort out (different children, btw!).

Glad of it now as neither child is settling particularly well!

Beth2511 Sat 24-Dec-16 19:13:43

i am desperately trying to think if any of my threes toys could do with building...

SisterViktorine Sat 24-Dec-16 19:14:27

I'm thinking this year cannot be worse than the year of 3 playmobil ships that we didn't start until 10.30pm Christmas eve.

It was our first playmobil experience- I am still scarred.

Lostmyemailaddress Sat 24-Dec-16 19:14:40

A wooden kitchen and tomorrow a garage because dcs dad decided to be helpful and wrap some presents including 1 of the 2 said needed to be left.

Glitterous Sat 24-Dec-16 19:18:07

Not building but dd's two 'big toys' address from charity shops so I probably should give them a clean(!) grin

maybeshesawomble Sat 24-Dec-16 19:44:26

Majestic Mansion dolls house 😩. DH is five minutes in and divorce is already on the cards.

CostaAddict Sat 24-Dec-16 19:55:25

Jumparoo & a bike. DH is playing santa. I'm the perfect helper on the wine fgrin

Ikea furniture nearly almost leads to divorce in this house... ikea at Xmas is just bloody brave winechocolatestar

SisterViktorine Sat 24-Dec-16 19:59:21

I am also too pissed tired already to be much help. I hope the instructions are lego-esque in their simplicity no hope. fgrin

OvariesForgotHerPassword Sat 24-Dec-16 20:00:19

We need to build a scooter. We're at Butlins and have no tools hmm

duskonthelawn Sat 24-Dec-16 20:00:34

Just finished building DDs toy kitchen here. fgrin

nancy75 Sat 24-Dec-16 20:02:52

I once stayed up til 4am building a bloody Barbie house (could have built a real house quicker) DP was almost murdered in the process. thankfully dd is old enough now to just want trainers & other things that don't need building

CocoaBum Sat 24-Dec-16 20:03:14

DD also has an IKEA desk, but we've decided to leave it boxed up as she loves helping to build furniture - therefore adds to the Christmas Day Fun! hmm

StylishDuck Sat 24-Dec-16 20:04:19

DH built DD's IKEA play kitchen yesterday morning when she was at nursery. It's been in our room covered with a sheet and she's not even noticed it (she's not yet 2). I'm thinking we won't get away with that next year fgrin

thatstoast Sat 24-Dec-16 20:05:43

Doll house and train table took an hour in total between the two of us. Which is pretty good because the instructions made it look very complicated.

Equimum Sat 24-Dec-16 20:06:51

I was feeling pretty smug that I built all the Playmobil a few weeks ago.....until we collected a ready-wrapped, unconstructed, fire engine and station from PILs. Looks like DH will spend tomorrow morning expanding our children's vocabulary while he puts those together!

AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 24-Dec-16 20:07:30

For the lady at Butlins - when that happened to my aunt she knocked on 'neighbours' doors and one lady had a whole tool kit complete with Allen keys so worth asking around!
We got DD a tricycle and I want to get it out the box and assemble it now - DH says wait til morning - right surely?!

GrumpySausage Sat 24-Dec-16 20:07:44

I've just finished building a toot toot parking garage and a shopping trolley.

Sod trying to wrap it. DS is 20 months so I'm hoping he will be too excited by the new toys to be disappointed that his mum had not got the energy to try and wrap this.

I mean where do I even start!

AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 24-Dec-16 20:09:55

For big items if you've got a Christmas table cloth it works very well as a giant wrapping paper! (Just throw it over the top of the bike/desk/doll house etc)

Sleeplessinmybedroom Sat 24-Dec-16 20:13:07

We built Dd's kitchen last night. Well I say we it was more Dp while i supervised. It took almost 2 hours.

viques Sat 24-Dec-16 20:16:51

No toys, but spent the afternoon building an IKEA wardrobe. Why isn't there a smug face emoji?

Cocoa kudos to you for wanting to build IKEA furniture with your dd.

Ours went quite well, only awkward moment was when we realised after a frustrating 10minutes that one set of screws actually needed an Allen key not a screwdriver. In my defence may I say that according to the instructions displayed on page 24 m'lud there was NO indication that this was the Allen key required page, and the preceding 23 pages had all required a cross head screwdriver.

WreckTangled Sat 24-Dec-16 20:22:25

We're still not divorced fgrin the desk is halfway through being finished. I'm currently having a hypo (diabetic) so am drinking some orange juice whilst Dh finishes it. Still need to wrap it though, luckily have some of that giant paper from poundland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now