Talk

Advanced search

Warning for those who bought "Hot Wheels Mega City Parking Garage"

(13 Posts)
MTWTFSS Sat 24-Dec-16 16:35:51

It comes in many many pieces!!! Took ages to put together!

GrumpySausage Sat 24-Dec-16 16:44:48

I haven't got this one, I've got the toot toot garage but your post has just given me a sinking feeling in my stomach. It's going to be in millions of pieces too isn't it. sigh

Better get building. Knew I shouldn't have wrapped it so early.

Bobsmum02 Sat 24-Dec-16 16:52:54

My experience of toot toot toys isn't too bad Grumpy, lots of stickers but not too many pieces unless it involves a track!

I'm currently stashing a powered ride on quad that needs to charge for 16 hours before first use...my nerves are shot everytime the kids go near our bedroom!

queenc81 Sat 24-Dec-16 17:03:04

Haha this reminds me of last year, kids went to bed stupidly early because they were excited, we bought ds the Disney cars wooden table. But me and DH got stuck into the baileys before we attempted it, it had collapsed by the time we had got up in the morning. Thankfully ds blamed naughty Santa and the too many baileys he had probably drunk on his rounds. grin

I'm waiting for DS to go to bed so we can build the Ikea play kitchen confused

We couldn't do it before now as there's nowhere to store it.

Who wants to guess what time the Christmas row will be?

Ginmakesitallok Sat 24-Dec-16 18:22:47

Last year we spent hours putting up a dolls house. Finally finished it, when dp said it was a weird house to have an outside dressing room. Walls had been put in wrong way, so had to dismantle and start again.... nothing to put up tonight thank god!

Trumpton Sat 24-Dec-16 18:28:40

We built the ikea kitchen last night ...sort out the screws carefully and place in pots labelled by the serial number. It went together smooth as silk...was a joy . And we are renowned for our flat pack rows ! Probably 90 mins .good luck .

OutDamnedWind Sat 24-Dec-16 18:43:07

Apparently my parents had quite the whispered row when they put the batteries in my Furby before wrapping it, only for it to sing and chatter under the Christmas tree fgrin

Gizlotsmum Sat 24-Dec-16 19:01:01

We built Tracy island last yr.. 3 adults 3 hours confused

Prettybaffled Sat 24-Dec-16 19:06:37

My lovely dad built buggy and bike last night while I wrapped smile

GrumpySausage Sat 24-Dec-16 20:04:10

I'm finished! You were right bobsmum, a ridiculous amount of stickers.

I'm now building the perfect gin and tonic wink

RatOnnaStick Sat 24-Dec-16 20:07:26

We came close to buying this. I'm glad we didn't now.

cantfindausername2 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:08:12

The mega parking garage wasn't too bad to put together. Just huge. Need a place to store it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now