Talk

Advanced search

What are your plans for Christmas eve?

(38 Posts)
jimijack Sat 24-Dec-16 11:48:42

Just got last minute bits......slimming world on hold for a day.

Got new pjs for everyone, bought secret life of pets and Zootropolis to watch from tea time while we have a party tea....yumyumyum.

Then begins the battle to get the kids to bed.

LOVING Christmas this year, ds 2 has brought back the magic for us I am even smiling! fsmile

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 24-Dec-16 11:52:22

Find the potato peeler/ hope dh buys me one on his way home. I'm left handed & can't use dh's one fsad.

user1477282676 Sat 24-Dec-16 11:55:01

I'm in Oz so it's already 10.23pm here! I bought a few last minute bits of food and DH went to buy a load of new PJ's for us all.

Then we had a late lunch/early tea of ham and lots of pickles, bread, cheese and salad.

Then DH took DD2 for a surf whilst DD1 and I watched YouTube...then they had hot chocolate and have gone to take the dog for his nightly walk.

CremeEggThief Sat 24-Dec-16 12:02:23

I'm watching the 90s "Miracle on 34th Street" and then "Arthur Christmas" in my Christmas pajamas. I'll make a late lunch of veggie burgers, chips and salad when the films are over, then have a shower and go to Mass at 5.30. We will have a mini Christmas buffet and watch telly when I/we come home. I'm looking forward to the "Grantchester" special at 9 p.m.

DS (14) is still in bed. He might get up at some point.

jimijack Sat 24-Dec-16 12:07:47

Oh user!! Surfing on Christmas eve! How exotic fgrin

HerChristmasFattyness Sat 24-Dec-16 12:08:53

We stayed in bed cuddling and reading stories (me and 3 DC)
Then we had breakfast and a hot chocolate, watched the jungle book, now we are eating left over pizza and watching beauty and the beast.
Later on we will get into new jamas, have stories and an early night. Then my dad is coming around to help me be santa (I'm injured and struggle.with stairs so he is getting the presents from their hiding places)

Bobsmum02 Sat 24-Dec-16 12:20:33

Watching Harry Potter!!

leccybill Sat 24-Dec-16 12:23:19

Was in Tesco at 8am getting last bits. Done now and DH takes over from her with the cooking.
I'm going to have a leisurely bath while DD watches Secret Life of Pets then we all are going to the village pub.
Christmas Eve box ready for when we get home. Lovely.

Amithenormalone Sat 24-Dec-16 12:27:04

I have spent the morning doing all our baking for tomorrow. Going to grab some dimmer get dressed then spend the afternoon with my parents as it's dms birthday today so we are having a take away tea with them and birthday cake. Then kids will be having there christmas movies and story then off to bed so we can get cracking at being santa and build the things we need too.

heron98 Sat 24-Dec-16 12:30:59

I've had a lie in and shag with DP, then went to spin class and for a swim, after lunch meeting my sister and taking my nieces to soft play.

Lostmyemailaddress Sat 24-Dec-16 12:33:07

We have most of tidying done and making pulled pork in slow cooker tonight.

Just have to prep vegetables for tomorrow then it's showers for everyone and then we will sit and watch films. Before bed it's milk and cookies set out for father Christmas and special Christmas eve hot chocolate and cookies.

Once all younger dcs in bed have to build a kitchen and then dc1 and me will sit down and eat Chinese and watch sherlock.

maybeshesawomble Sat 24-Dec-16 12:36:08

Driving back from my parents' house and looking forward to getting back to London, into new pyjamas and opening a bottle of bubbly in front of a Christmas film (yet to be decided - needs to be suitable for DDs 3/6)

Ginmakesitallok Sat 24-Dec-16 12:36:35

I'm lying on my bed with dd2 who is playing on her kindle. DP is cleaning downstairs. Will watch TV, have buffet tea, need to make some soup and a pavlova then will open something fizzy

toptomatoes Sat 24-Dec-16 12:36:53

I'm trying to clean the house whilst looking after a 3 year old with D and V. DH has taken the other 2 DC to the cinema to keep them away from sick child as much as possible! Bah. We've still got 13 people for Christmas as they are risking the sick bug but I hope they are not expecting the house to be perfect and I'm no longer making my planned mince pies!

Gardencentregroupie Sat 24-Dec-16 12:41:13

I need to boil the ham, DD needs some fresh air so I am going to take her to church for a crib service at 3 via the playground. Then hopefully she will go to bed at a sensible time tonight so I can help Santa with his wrapping and eat Pringles. DH has just left for work, poor sod or lucky sod depending on how DD's mood goes .

Groovee Sat 24-Dec-16 12:43:33

Dd is at work. Dh and Ds are at the football. So far had a shower and cleaned the bathroom, cooking the stuffing (always do separately) and I have watched Stella. Picking the other 3 up about 3.30 them early dinner at pizza express.

Tomorrowillbeachicken Sat 24-Dec-16 12:50:35

Nothing until Christingle at church. Gotta go help set up and will probably help set up for midnight mass after. Other than that nothing much to do. Bit of wrapping.

Wigeon Sat 24-Dec-16 13:00:28

At PILs, went for a walk by the river with DH and DC this morning, then came back and ate Christmas biscuits he'd made, about to have quiche for lunch with DH's family (including 105 yr old granny shock). Then probably going to the Christingle service this afternoon. Not sure what's happening after that, DD1 appears to be writing a play, so we might all need to perform that! Maybe board games. Or just lounging around!

This is nice seeing what everyone else is doing!

ImtheChristmasCarcass Sat 24-Dec-16 13:13:10

The big do is tomorrow. So tonight, once today's 'to do' list is done it will be cheese, crackers, nuts, chocs, wine and a few episodes of season 2 of Man in the High Castle.

GingerHollyandIvy Sat 24-Dec-16 14:05:14

Christmas film with dcs before they go to bed. Then glass of wine and relax a bit. Set out wrapped gifts prior to going to sleep. That's it, really. Very low key and relaxed. fsmile

Libitina Sat 24-Dec-16 14:13:36

Cinema and a mooch around the shops for last minute reductions.
Might get a late lunch too.

ILikeyourHairyHands Sat 24-Dec-16 14:18:17

It was all going swimmingly until DD and DS were buggering about and DD now has a suspected broken ankle, DH took her to the walk-in centre but they didn't have a radiographer on duty so he's had to take her to the nearest large hospital which is an hour's drive away. Who knows how long they'll be...

So I'm feeling distinctly unfestive and cleaning the house. Hopefully it won't be broken and they won't be too long and we can resume festivities!

MizzEmma Sat 24-Dec-16 14:22:39

Food Prep.
Tidy house
Set table
Church and Nativity play.
Dinner and then bed for DC.

GetAHaircutCarl Sat 24-Dec-16 14:24:09

Waiting for our guests to arrive - 10 of them tonight, all staying. More tomorrow.

DH is out with DS and the dogs.

DD is chatting on the phone with her latest squeeze ( revolving door of them this year grin).

Will roast a pork joint and make sandwiches with it later. Crack open the champagne.

Natsku Sat 24-Dec-16 14:30:04

This is the day we celebrate so are at FIL's, have eaten the Christmas meal and now we're waiting for the neighbour to turn up dressed as Father Christmas to give out our presents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now