Talk

Advanced search

I need to bulk up a nine-year-old's stocking

(24 Posts)
SheilaTakeABow Sat 24-Dec-16 10:29:50

It's a bit bloody late to be twitching, but bad planning has led to DS1's (nine, doesn't like toys, football mad) stocking looking a bit scrawny and flat.
Does anyone have any ideas of things to bulk it up a bit - I'm going into town in a bit to collect the turkey, so have a bit of time to shop.
Don't want to spend a fortune, and don't really want to buy clothes as they'll all be in the sale in 48 hours, so I need inspiration please fconfused

CiderwithBuda Sat 24-Dec-16 10:38:06

Football magazine?
Tube of Smarties?
Chocolate Santa

oldbirdy Sat 24-Dec-16 10:40:26

I got small emoji cushions (poop, of course) at the pound shop. Also tubs of sweets are quite bulky, or a woolly hat/ gloves?

Chimchar Sat 24-Dec-16 10:40:33

Tube of Pringles
Box of Pop tarts
Football magazine
Football pump?
Pack of colouring pens for school?

user1477282676 Sat 24-Dec-16 10:40:43

Can of pop, magazine.

curlycat Sat 24-Dec-16 10:40:47

Small tub of Pringles
Body spray
Gloves
Socks

Pogolphin Sat 24-Dec-16 10:41:28

Comic
Bag of crisps/nuts

Cagliostro Sat 24-Dec-16 10:42:16

My DCs get top trumps every years, they do football ones? or a set from a movie he likes?

notagiraffe Sat 24-Dec-16 10:44:46

Poundstore have Toblerones, chocolate oranges, tubes of shine in the dark neon sticks, santa hats and reindeer headbands.

Football socks? Poster of his favourite team?

SheilaTakeABow Sat 24-Dec-16 10:47:07

Already got socks and pens (I'm beginning to think the problem is that the stocking is too big, rather than the presents are too few). Pringles is a fab idea, as he's got loads of sweets over the past few weeks. Football mag too. Ta

Alorsmum Sat 24-Dec-16 10:48:53

Piece of fruit!
You have just reminded me I have to buy a pomegranate for DD2 who loves them

TheFallenMadonna Sat 24-Dec-16 10:49:17

DS is getting a bag of sticky toffee pudding flavour popcorn which is adding bulk to his.

RJnomore1 Sat 24-Dec-16 10:49:35

Packet of cereal you wouldnt normally buy?

NapQueen Sat 24-Dec-16 10:49:47

Those little Nutella dip pots with the breads ticks

Alorsmum Sat 24-Dec-16 10:52:15

Oooh Nutella dip pots. I need to get some of those sneakily today

5buttons Sat 24-Dec-16 10:56:39

I got those soft toys you heat in microwave, half price in Sainsburys £5. Good for sore bits after football and putting in our stockings to bulk up fsmile

fluffiphlox Sat 24-Dec-16 11:05:35

Pound coin. Tangerine. Football scarf or badge or calendar. Tic tacs. Bag of marbles. False moustaches.

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Sat 24-Dec-16 11:10:45

Finger football game, yo-yo, card game, books, cheap dvd, wind up toy, mini orange cones and ball from pound shop type place, small friction car (never too old)

isittheholidaysyet Sat 24-Dec-16 11:15:04

Walk round a supermarket.imagine your ds is with you. What would he ask for to which you would say no.
For my dcs that would be Coca-Cola, weird flavoured fanta, cheese-strings, pringles, custard doughnuts and expensive packed lunch juice boxes with characters on.
Remember once opened to label it with his name and only he can eat/drink it.

I presume you have bubble bath/shower gel.

SimplyNigella Sat 24-Dec-16 11:21:13

How about:
Cereal selection box
Torch
Sports bottle
Cushion or pillow
Slippers

YouCannotPossiblyBeHungry Sat 24-Dec-16 11:23:05

Match Attax and folder?

PleaseNotTrump Sat 24-Dec-16 11:24:19

Something for breakfast before he tucks into the chocolate - mini panetone? Fruit smoothie? Healthy fruit and nuts in bag? Marshmallows always take up a good amount of space.

zen1 Sat 24-Dec-16 11:28:05

Poundland has some good stocking stuff: light up yo yo (I know it's kind of a toy, but fun to muck around with), lots of books and annual type things, headphones etc

SheilaTakeABow Sat 24-Dec-16 12:27:54

Thanks for all the ideas. Went to town (not too bad) and M&S was selling off Christmas gifts at half price. So got football themed soap and shower gel, novelty biscuits in tin and a tube of Pringles. All for less than a tenner. Might do all my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve in future fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now