Talk

Advanced search

DS found all his presents from Santa

(14 Posts)
Newbrummie Sat 24-Dec-16 09:24:26

Got in the car yesterday and if forgotten to move the bag so all his stocking fillers that I usually say are from Santa were there. They will now have to be from mummy. He's got an Xbox but I really did not want that to be from FC given other kids might not get a big present, I don't want him going round the playground discussing that. He is only 6 though, might not occur to him to specify where it came from.
Or do I go and get another £20 pressie from Santa - I've not bought much else so it wouldn't be too crazy

StillTryingHard Sat 24-Dec-16 09:28:12

Personally I would buy another £10-20 worth of stocking filler type presents & stuff his stocking with those

Newbrummie Sat 24-Dec-16 09:35:02

Trouble is they aren't cheap ! He only had things like a wind up frog, spy glasses, invisible ink pens - came to £60.

SatsukiKusakabe Sat 24-Dec-16 09:45:48

I'd probably get some cheaper stocking fillers - take 15 quid out and go round the pound shop?

Bobsmum02 Sat 24-Dec-16 09:48:58

I'd tell him the Xbox is from Santa. My kids think that all presents come from Santa....mummy and Daddy send the presents to the North Pole for Santa to check if they are on the good list and then deliver them so I've never had the problem of playground comparisons though.

Newbrummie Sat 24-Dec-16 09:53:37

Sounds like a plan Bob, I don't like buying stuff I know will break and go in the bin before new year.

roseteapot101 Sat 24-Dec-16 09:54:32

poundland get £10 worth of stuff for his stocking a variety of party bag fillers,toys,stationary,dvds and sweeties

peponi Sat 24-Dec-16 09:56:17

Is there a TIGER near you? Could get some cheap sticking fillets there to add to the x box. Coukd just have x box from santa? Explain one big present instead of lots of little ones ?

cherrycrumblecustard Sat 24-Dec-16 09:56:53

How old is he?

Bobsmum02 Sat 24-Dec-16 09:58:27

I don't bother with many stocking fillers for that reason op. If he questions extravagant present from Santa I'd just say he's been extra good this year so you and Santa decided he deserved it!

babyblabber Sat 24-Dec-16 10:00:20

Give him the Xbox from Santa. The obvious solution!

We don't give the kids anything from us, it's all from Santa. As I told them, we buy them stuff all year! My parents did the same, I never expected anything from them at Christmas (well actually usually got a lovely new dress for the big day but not toys from them).

cherrycrumblecustard Sat 24-Dec-16 10:00:37

Oh he's 6.

I wouldn't buy extra presents. If he says 'but I saw these in your car Mum' just say 'I know, Santa really is magic!'

dementedpixie Sat 24-Dec-16 10:01:14

We always said the gifts we bought for them were from Santa. We did say that although he bought them that he used money form our account to pay for them so that explained why some people get more than others. Just say the Xbox is from Santa. I wouldn't buy more stocking presents

Chocolatecake12 Sat 24-Dec-16 11:49:04

Could you say that santa was very busy so asked you to help him?
Add a couple of other bits he hasn't seen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now