Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Happy Christmas Eve...

(52 Posts)
GizmoFrisby Sat 24-Dec-16 06:26:46

What are your plans for today. I have 2 very excited dcs already and it's not even 7am. Think we will watch films and get house ready for santa coming fgrin what are you all doing today??

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 24-Dec-16 06:28:32

Totally chilling out!

Need to tidy up from last nights dinner party, last bit of hoovering etc. Guests arriving 1ish. We will take the dogs for a walk and then come home and start eating and drinking!

Can't wait!

dylsmimi Sat 24-Dec-16 06:29:58

Tidying (probably unsuccessfully), cleaning, children's church service then elf and hot chocolate

soundsystem Sat 24-Dec-16 06:33:15

Happy Christmas Eve! I'm the only one awake here so far, I'm clearly more excited than the DC fgrin

We're off to Smithfields for the meat auction to hopefully get a turkey, then to church this afternoon for the Cristingle service. Then just getting ready for Santa!

GizmoFrisby Sat 24-Dec-16 06:34:17

Oh I also have a little tykes cozy coupe to put together at some point. Wish me luck.
Already put the wooden kitchen together last week at my mums so she is bringing that up.

GizmoFrisby Sat 24-Dec-16 06:35:01

Sounds like we all have the same ideas. Hope you all have a good one fgrin

Dontfencemein Sat 24-Dec-16 06:37:17

We are off to see santa on a steam train and then to Christingle.

dylsmimi Sat 24-Dec-16 06:38:08

And you gizmo don't have too much wine before attempting to put the cozy coupe together!

SilenceOfThePrams Sat 24-Dec-16 06:38:54

Veg prep gravy prep removing stuff from freezer and generally assembling it all type stuff.
Sorting the turkey ready to toast tomorrow.

Dressing the table for tomorrow. Hoovering. Cleaning. General house prep page, sorting the remaining piles of laundry, ironing outfits for Christmas Day.

Then.

Nice calm peaceful lunch including fish of some kind.

And our Christmas Eve proper starts in the afternoon; Christingle service at church followed by pyjamas and snuggles and some kind of Christmassy film, some Christmas reading, and bed.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 24-Dec-16 06:41:37

I'm doing Christmas Dinner today because I'm working tomorrow. Already have veg prepared, table laid and house lovely and clean.

Very hungry. Very excited. Very wide awake.

Watching some Christmas specials in bed. Already watched Peep Show, now watching Ab Fab and have the Bottom DVD ready. Also have Ponderland and Simon's Cat saved onto my tablet.

Later it'll be Life Of Brian and The Grinch.

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 24-Dec-16 06:42:36

Popping to town this morning for last minute bits. Crib Service this afternoon. Couple of drinks with some old school friends early evening then midnight mass.

GizmoFrisby Sat 24-Dec-16 06:43:00

Dylsmimi
I am totally dreading it. Have you put one together? My mum whos a diy pro and put most of kitchen together has refused to do it because it going to be awful to put together.
Any advice tips welcome fgrin

Bauble16 Sat 24-Dec-16 06:44:10

Woke up at 6am needing a strong coffee and paracetamol for sore throat. Rest of the family still sleeping.

Today is family fun, friends party for couple of hours, prep dinner. Bath and chill tonight!

ThisIsNotARealAvo Sat 24-Dec-16 06:53:16

I'm feeling very excited and Christmassy now! Need to get a few last minute things from Tesco in a minute, then have a big tidy up to get the house ready for tomorrow. Then lunch and crib service and dinner at my inlaws, who will hopefully tire the children right out before we put them in their pjs and drive home.

dylsmimi Sat 24-Dec-16 06:54:26

No sorry I havent!
Just from experience with a wooden trike that wine and starting it late on Christmas Eve is not the wisest move!!
Start as early as you can and save a large glass for celebrating after!!
There are loads of them about it surely can't be that hard!?? hopeful good luck!

DoItTooJulia Sat 24-Dec-16 06:56:53

Early walk in the woods, laying a wreath at my nans grave and back home to prep the spuds (I hassle back the roasters for Christmas!) and to start the trifle and some baking. Movie with the kids and last bits of wrapping before bed.

DH is on vacuuming duty and a run to a shop for a couple of things I forgot.

Happy days!

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 24-Dec-16 06:57:11

Happy Christmas Eve. fsmile We have in laws coming over at 4pm for food and to watch boys put out stockings/leave reindeer food etc. Then last minute wrapping etc. 12 yr old DS has been coughing for most of the nightfangry so we're all a bit short on sleep.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Eminybob Sat 24-Dec-16 07:00:43

So much to do

Going to Aldi when it opens at 8 to get last minute veg and alcohol

Post office to pick up bloody signed for package (final present sorted!)

Go to Tesco to use their photo printer to print off pics for MIL "all I want for Christmas is pictures of DC"

Maybe squeeze in a breakfast at Wetherspoons

Drop all presents and desserts off at BILs so we can walk there tomorrow

Visit with DH's dad and family/exchange gifts

Meet friends for drinks in the afternoon.

And relax.

MrsMoggy Sat 24-Dec-16 07:03:42

Working 10-5. Had a rubbish nights sleep so feeling a bit bah humbug right now. Husband is looking after 4 year old DS and we are going to McDonald's on my lunch break, then when I get home we will do the stuff for Santa, I will Hoover and iron and get the presents out of the wardrobe when son is asleep. Just so tired I can't be bothered at the moment, just hoping I perk up later

NoUseNumber27 Sat 24-Dec-16 07:11:57

Bank meeting this morning...yawn!

Then baking before pretend xmas with dm as going to mils tomorrow for actual xmas. V excited as baby's first xmas! fgrinfgrin

Chocolatecake12 Sat 24-Dec-16 07:23:03

I have a day of prep planned - getting ahead for tomorrow so I don't have to spend all day in the kitchen!
Tidied the house yesterday so at least that's done, just bathrooms to clean.
Then 3pm drinks at my friends, followed by christingle then the pub for another drink or 2 before coming home, putting out reindeer food, stockings and treats for Santa - yes rather partial to a baileys here. Film then bed for dc's.
Put out the presents - bed for me!!

Caroian Sat 24-Dec-16 07:31:11

Ooh, Christmas Eve!

It's funny, I don't actually find Christmas Eve all that exciting, but I still remember exactly how exciting it felt to me as a small child and so I love it for that reason.

I've got some housework to do - mainly laundry, changing the sheets and towels etc.

I'm going for a run and will take the 5 year old on his bike in the vain hope that it might tire him out a bit.

This afternoon I'll make mince pies and ice the Christmas cake whilst listening to Carils from Kings.

Traditional Christmas Eve dinner, then snuggling in my Christmas onesie and hoping the 5 year old goes to sleep at some point so we can put the presents out!

heron98 Sat 24-Dec-16 07:38:35

I am by myself today. I'm going to go for a swim and then eat chocolate as it's so windy and wet.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Sat 24-Dec-16 07:47:36

Happy Christmas eve!
I have the dreaded twitch and am about to run out and buy a large cheap doll to make the present piles look equal.
Then we're going to take the kids to the Christmas market and go on the fairground rides.

Mybeautifullife1 Sat 24-Dec-16 07:48:17

Nipping to M & S. Last minute tidy. Christingle service this afternoon then a final drive round to look at Christmas lights. Will then all curl up in PJs to watch a Christmas film before bed.

Have a good one everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now