Talk

Advanced search

What have you got left to do for Xmas?

(25 Posts)
ifonly4 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:08:15

Luckily not too much in my case.

1.Write a couple of cards and put tags on DD's presents.

2. Walk to Tescos tomorrow (easier than trying to park at mo3. ) to get dips, pre-packed sliced meats, coleslaw as they had a sell by date of 24th Dec today.

3. Hoover, tidy kitchen, wipe around bathroom & ensuite. In the ideal world I'll clean the cooker, but could easily ignore this one.

4. Get DD well for Christmas, she has loads of ulcers in mouth, on tongue and throat and a nasty cold. Luckily doctor ruled out tonsillitis today.

5. Go to cemetery and hopefully I'm done in time for Mum coming back with me around noon tomorrow.

Chasingsquirrels Fri 23-Dec-16 18:15:19

Nothing really (we are going to my parents for Christmas Day and DH's sister on Boxing Day).
I'd like to have got my DH something special bit I couldn't think of anything so he just has pj's and boxers and a couple of new pillows that's he's already had sad.
Ds2 wants to make a yule log so I think we will do that in the morning and then my parents are coming for tea Christmas Eve. Probably need some spuds, and could do with some bread so I'll pick those up later when I collect ds1 from a party.
I've never actually felt there is THAT much to do even when we have it at home, but there is only ever 6 or 7 of us so nothing massive.

Lilaclily Fri 23-Dec-16 18:16:32

Nothing now, just to survive it hopefully with no arguments and everyone ending up happy this time in 48 hours

5OBalesofHay Fri 23-Dec-16 18:20:07

Just got to rearrange the dining room to accomodate the hoards and then cook everything I've bought fgrin

SerialReJoiner Fri 23-Dec-16 18:21:49

Give birth, hopefully!

We don't go anywhere for Christmas, DH does the cooking, and I'm as big as a whale so I will do as little as possible. Let's get this show on the road.

Kirriemuir Fri 23-Dec-16 18:22:42

Butchers tomorrow and coop for extra butter

Final wrapping. Only about 6 or so to go

That's it. Chill, enjoy the cinema tomorrow and tea out.

Madbengalmum Fri 23-Dec-16 18:22:49

Nothing,just set the table!

Lilaclily Fri 23-Dec-16 18:23:35

I suppose fill the stockings Christmas eve night is something we've all got to do

Titsywoo Fri 23-Dec-16 18:24:14

Only tidying the house which will take me about 5 hours tomorrow.

I'm the most organised I've ever been so feeling pretty chilled smile

CremeEggThief Fri 23-Dec-16 18:27:09

Nothing really. I'm even up to date with laundry. Just need to put away all the clean stuff tomorrow. I might vacuum downstairs too, but I could get away with not doing it.

Serin Fri 23-Dec-16 18:33:03

ifonly4, Hope your DD picks up soon.

Have they checked her for primary herpes simplex?

I have come home from last day in a manic hospital, about to eat sausage rolls and gin !!

Nothing to do for xmas, have been getting it done over the last week.

pinkblink Fri 23-Dec-16 18:41:33

I'm making puds for tomorrow and Christmas Day, can't wait to start!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:41:39

Bloody loads to do and it sort of passed me by as well! Stocking gifts to wrap, big football table for ds to wrap (currently in garage), find the stockings, get some carrots for Rudolph, restore some order to this pit of a house, get wrapped presents from baby ds's wardrobe and hide somewhere else so that we don't wake him tomorrow night! Also, tomorrow at 10 having a gardener come to quote for some work (yeah thanks dh, of all the days....), walk in the woods tomorrow pm, carols at 4.30 then family for mulled wine after.
Ham has 10 minutes left. That's the only food I'm doing this year!

Hope your dd gets better, ulcers are so sore. Is it or could it be HFM, especially with the sore throat? I find igloo gel very good but you do get a weird filmy layer in your mouth if you apply it wrong. Much better than bongela.

Wayfarersonbaby Fri 23-Dec-16 18:50:46

Tonight:

A bit of light tidying, arranging cards, and making a big start on the wrapping after DD is in bed - then a glass of wine in front of my DVD of the BBC's 1980s children's production of The Children of Green Knowe. Have been waiting since July to watch it!

DH needs to clean the oven, which is his task grin

Tomorrow :
Finish tidying, cleaning, and changing bed linen in the morning.

Deliver cards to neighbours.

I haven't ruled out a quick Christmassy lunchtime trip into town with DD - it's normally quite quiet on Christmas Eve.

I need to send a few emails and do some online admin for work that I hope won't take too long.

5pm church, then supper, bath and bed for DD!

Final wrapping of stocking and FC presents, I hope, with a glass of wine and the replay of Carols from Kings on iPlayer!

StylishDuck Fri 23-Dec-16 19:16:38

Finish my huge pile of ironing, make mince pies, ice the gingerbread biscuits DD and I made today, sort out Christmas Eve box and a general tidy up. We're at my parents on Xmas day and PIL on Boxing Day so also need to pack overnight bags for them.
Hopefully a nice relaxed Xmas eve, we're going out for lunch tomorrow and I would like to chill with a glass or two of prosecco after DD goes to bed and Santa has been!

OhTheRoses Fri 23-Dec-16 19:21:25

All done except like the OP, cemetery tomorrow x

NoCapes Fri 23-Dec-16 19:38:30

Nothing! I'm all done fshock

Put the clean bedding on when it's dry in about 20 minutes then that's it
Ice skating tomorrow morning, then pub lunch, home for party games and a buffet, Xmas films, bath bed
Then I'll play Santa which I suppose I could count as a job, but it's not really is it so yes, I'm done! fgrin fa la la la laaaa

NoCapes Fri 23-Dec-16 19:39:21

Oh need to visit my Nan tomorrow aswell with presents ... Hmm not sure where I'll fit that in? 🤔

CharleyDavidson Fri 23-Dec-16 19:42:48

Tidying.

Decide what baking I'd like to do.

Decide what I'm cooking early for the tea we are hosting Christmas day eve.

Deliver a few presents.

Drop some things at the charity shop if it's open in the morning.

Collect a prescription.

DH will slow cook a gammon ready for the day after. And we will Christen our new dining room table with a Christmas eve dinner of roast duck and trimmings.

Groovee Fri 23-Dec-16 19:48:20

Get morning rolls from the bakers.

Presents out the attic.

Put feet up.

GoofyTheHero Fri 23-Dec-16 19:51:06

Nothing really. Done my bit (present buying/wrapping/distributing) and the rest is down to DH (food shopping/cooking/table laying etc). Mainly just Baileys drinking to be done on my part!

chocolateworshipper Fri 23-Dec-16 22:05:09

Good luck Serial !

I SHOULD clean the oven, but I'm so flipping exhausted .....

SerialReJoiner Fri 23-Dec-16 23:17:07

Thanks chocolate fgrin

Barbeasty Sat 24-Dec-16 07:14:12

OP see if you can get some Difflam spray or similar from the pharmacist. It's a mouth spray local anaesthetic thing which DD was given in hospital when she had horrendous tonsillitis and wouldn't eat. Works on ulcers as well, and is an over the counter medicine.

RockyBird Sat 24-Dec-16 07:16:28

Small amount of wrapping
Flowers for my fabulous auntie who is hosting tomorrow
Couple of novelty presents for DH

Very relaxed one for me this year smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now