Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for Christmas Eve that is rich in Vitamin A?

(10 Posts)
gustavowoltmann Fri 23-Dec-16 16:14:24

Hello everyone! Merry Christmas! I am an assistant in a publishers office. Just want to ask recipes that can be serve to our son who needs Vitamin A to his diet. Any delicious recipes out there that I can easily prepare but cant be noticed that its vegetable? [Message edited by MNHQ to remove identifying information]

LeadPipe Fri 23-Dec-16 16:16:55

Hello Gustavo welcome to MN.

We don't usually divulge our names or use them as our Nicknames. You might depart your post and ask MN to change that for you.

fsmile

LeadPipe Fri 23-Dec-16 16:17:08

Report your post.

hesterton Fri 23-Dec-16 16:19:00

Vit A needs to be served with far for optimal absorption. Maybe arrow and cream puree? I believe in the war, carrots were made in jelly as a pudding. Might that work with cream or ice cream? Tropical fruits are good too - again, in a jelly or flan perhaps? Liver is hard to get into children but what about a thin layer of mild chicken liver pate in a sandwich?

Dried apricots are high in vit a and could be made into a lively fruit fool.

hesterton Fri 23-Dec-16 16:19:47

With fat , not with far. Sorry.

hesterton Fri 23-Dec-16 16:20:36

Arrow = carrot! I am sorry - my typos suggest I need more carrots myself!

Whatslovegottodo Fri 23-Dec-16 16:22:40

Roasted carrots
Carrot mash
Butternut squash and swede
Tropical fruit salad
Fish

But if your son is deficient then a supplement may be required. Also vit a works with vit d and if you are in the U.K. Isn't a lot at the moment so may need to supplement that also.

Whatslovegottodo Fri 23-Dec-16 16:23:42

Yes with a fat especially cream so double cream on fruit salad or mixed in to carrot mash?

hesterton Fri 23-Dec-16 16:24:31

Carrot Fudge

Ingredients:
Carrots
Gelatine
Orange essence

Method:
Finely grate carrots and cook four tablespoons
full in just enough water to cover for 10 minutes.
Add flavouring with orange essence, grated orange rind or orange squash/cordial.
Melt a leaf of gelatine.
Add gelatine to mixture.
Cook quickly for a few minutes stirring all the time.
Spoon into a flat dish.
Leave to set.
Cut into cubes.

Turbinaria Fri 23-Dec-16 16:58:31

a spicy lamb stew rich in carrots and apricots for vitamin A

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now