Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas food shop

(24 Posts)
littlerose12345 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:19:10

Going to brave Asda tonight.. will I find anything left?!

Kel1234 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:26:03

We are doing our shop as soon as dh gets in from work. Good luck

ScruffyTheJanitor Fri 23-Dec-16 15:29:40

we went to the big Tesco earlier, it was actually pretty quiet.
Id imagine it'll be manic tomorrow with everyone panic buying beans and shit roll just incase the world implodes on Xmas day.

littlerose12345 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:30:55

Lol Scruffy.

More worried about the Turkey... surely they'll still have loads right?

I'm sure in the past I've bought it sooner, but working in the run up to Christmas this year has thrown me!

wobblywonderwoman Fri 23-Dec-16 15:31:22

I am leaving our shopping early tomorrow morning. I do this every year and it is fine.. Turkeys always left and everything grin

Worst comes to the worst.. I will get a freezer joint or a chicken

ScruffyTheJanitor Fri 23-Dec-16 15:33:00

Try Lidl for frozen turkeys, they had loads in the ones near me.

We don't have to buy one this year, we're going out instead, I cant wait!

HeadElf Fri 23-Dec-16 15:39:01

I feel anxious for you. I'm such a worry wart though, I'm sure it will all be fine.

TheMortificadosDragon Fri 23-Dec-16 15:43:34

I did my asda shop yesterday... today we discovered the fridge wasn't working. hmm It's fine now but I've got to decide whether to go and rebuy the spoilt perishables (fortunately not the turkey!) now or tomorrow morning.

littlerose12345 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:46:09

Oh no TheMortificadosDragon! Glad the turkey was saved.

I just have recollections of supermarkets always having loads of veg out, but small numbers of turkeys! Hopefully be ok

Looneytune253 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:52:44

Dunno if they have deliveries tonight still but our Asda has ran out of turkeys and there has been violence towards the staff. Just awful!! Hopefully shelves are replenished tonight. On the other hand I did ours at the local tesco tea time last night and it wasn't too bad!!

littlerose12345 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:55:41

Violence?! That's shocking!!

May call them up before I head over!

JaneAustinAllegro Fri 23-Dec-16 15:56:53

Turkeys are all half price on Ocado, if you know anyone with an order booked

TheMortificadosDragon Fri 23-Dec-16 15:57:54

That's decided it for me - plus the busyness graph on the opening times. Tomorrow morning it is.

Appalling that anyone should be violent towards shop staff.

harderandharder2breathe Fri 23-Dec-16 16:05:42

Violence over a turkey! Those people need to take s long hard look at themselves.

NameChanger22 Fri 23-Dec-16 16:08:24

I've done ours this morning halo

HighDataUsage Fri 23-Dec-16 16:32:41

I saw loads of Turkey's in m&s and Sainsbury's yesterday so I think you should be ok. There weren't many fish and vegetarian main meal options out though, I think they were mainly on the online order options. I was looking for salmon energy croquet for my neighbour and came home empty handed. Good luck

PodgeBod Fri 23-Dec-16 16:38:43

I've just left Tesco and now I want to ban Christmas angry
Nah not really I love Christmas. But I'm never stepping foot in a a supermarket the day before Christmas Eve again! My shop is being delivered I just needed to pick up a gift that was ordered in.

HighDataUsage Fri 23-Dec-16 16:49:25

Salmon en croute!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 23-Dec-16 16:51:11

I was a little puzzled Highdata. Wasn't sure how you played that!

bevelino Fri 23-Dec-16 16:51:24

I have just dragged dh around Sainsburys and am done. Hip, hip hooray.

Ceaser1981 Fri 23-Dec-16 17:19:01

Omg just back from asda. People are nuts at this time of year, so bloody rude. I only got some of what i wanted, didnt have any apple juice left wtf is that about? Do people onog buy it at xmas? Glad to be home in pjs thats for sure

TheMortificadosDragon Fri 23-Dec-16 17:33:39

You'd think they would have some idea of what they would need more of at this time of year, wouldn't you? Yesterday my ASDA seemed to be out of stilton - DH got some from M&S at the same time as the turkey crown this morning, so that was ok.

Potentialpoochowner Fri 23-Dec-16 17:50:07

No potatoes, lemons, tomatoes or lettuce in aldi hmm. Tesco only had one variety of potatoes rather than the usual selection - is there some kind of potato blight this year that I'm unaware of??

ifonly4 Fri 23-Dec-16 17:57:16

Tescos has never been this awful at xmas. Walked down to get a few things yesterday, sell by dates rubbish and not sure if they'd had a delivery or sold out of things. Returned later yesterday as DD suddenly ill and wanted to get a few things she may eat, again some shelves empty. Did main xmas shop today, some fruit and veggies totally sold out (luckily not the ones I wanted), but dips, pre-packed sliced meats, coleslaw still with sell by date of 24/12 - in fact meats still on shelves with sell by date of 22nd! So glad I stocked up on wine a couple of weeks ago and don't need to worry if they've re-stocked that!

Whatever we've got a fridge fall and won't starve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now