Talk

Advanced search

Smoked salmon starter?

(13 Posts)
Newdad19 Fri 23-Dec-16 09:02:26

Is anyone having a smoked salmon starter? If so what?

Going to m and s this morning snd looking for some inspiration as hosting this year.

cheers

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 23-Dec-16 09:35:12

Yes we are. Nothing fancy - slices of smoked salmon roughly concertinaed onto the plate with a little horseradish mayonnaise & some salad leaves.

No bread - too filling before the main event.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 23-Dec-16 09:38:14

Smoked salmon mousse - homemade by whizzing a pack of smoked salmon, dollop of creme fraiche, lemon juice and zest, and salt and pepper with a stick blender, then wrapping in more salmon to serve with a small side salad and brown bread.

Newdad19 Fri 23-Dec-16 11:17:36

Thanks both

@FurryLittleTwerp it was this kind of thing I was thinking of but was concerned a dallop of smoked salmon put on a plate wouldnt be up to much!

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 23-Dec-16 13:45:51

Newdad It doesn't have to be fancy to be good fsmile

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 23-Dec-16 13:49:29

I'm doing smoked salmon and sour cream on blinis. Scrumptious and not too filling (unless you eat several blush)

NormaSmuff Fri 23-Dec-16 13:50:20

i think we might have it for breakfast, or elevenses, or whatever time it is

NormaSmuff Fri 23-Dec-16 13:50:40

smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, or bacon for those who dont like smoked salmon.

Natsku Fri 23-Dec-16 13:54:46

Not doing it as a starter as I'm just putting everything out on the table at once but will be having salted salmon (got tar-flavoured this year, absolutely delicious) just cut up into small slices. Along with blazed salmon with a lemon and dill sauce and pickled herring. I loves Christmas fish grin

Blueflowers2011 Fri 23-Dec-16 18:30:34

smoked salmon bit of a staple here, served with salad, avocado and slice of lemon, warmed baguette in oven. i keep as simple as possible before the feast.

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Fri 23-Dec-16 18:50:59

I adore smoked salmon as starter - that first bite with first glass of champagne.....wondeful. We do SS, asparagus - lemon and something else - like SS mouse. pepper.

I was led astray last year and got lost in an awful warm pear and palma ham concoction and it was orrible - we didnt do it right fgrin

kittytom Sat 24-Dec-16 00:04:31

My mum always does little squares of smoked salmon on German rye bread with cream cheese. Lush. I will be doing this for in-laws myself

TyneTeas Sat 24-Dec-16 00:30:04

Rolls of smoked salmon filled with cream cheese mixed with lemon zest and also prawn cocktail and slices of wholmeal toast. Cucumber and tomato too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now