Talk

Advanced search

What have you bought yourself this year?

(40 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Thu 22-Dec-16 19:15:10

I thought there was a thread but can't seem to find it anywhere now hmm

Every year I buy myself some small bits and wrap them and stick em under the tree blush I don't buy much during the year
so it's normally stuff I need or dvds or boardgames that the whole family can enjoy. This year I've restrained myself and I've only bought a handbag (got a really nice bargain in tk maxx so only cost £20) and some eldw foundation I've been lusting after for ages. I'm itching to twitch though and have added £30 worth of books to my kindle wishlist that I am seriously in danger of ordering someone talk me into it please

What has everyone else treated themselves to?

SimplyNigella Thu 22-Dec-16 23:01:39

Those sound like lovely treats.

I haven't bought myself anything to wrap this year, but I am going to order a few bits online tomorrow once the online sales start which will be my presents to myself. You've reminded me that I have a big Kindle wish list too....

Grumpyoldblonde Fri 23-Dec-16 07:51:14

I don't wrap my gifts to myself, but canny use of Boots points (splitting shops to max extra points coupons ) got me free perfume, I also picked up polar bear pyjamas for £4.00 and some household stuff and clothes with the Nectar double up deal
Nice stuff for me (rarely treat myself )

Lilaclily Fri 23-Dec-16 07:52:51

M and s beauty advent calendar , waste of money!

MrsDilligaf Fri 23-Dec-16 09:38:47

I haven't bought myself anything this year. I normally treat myself but I hadn't thought about it until I saw this thread. I am going shopping for something to wear on Christmas Day later so that can be my treat!

Manumission Fri 23-Dec-16 09:40:31

A shitload of moleskine and some rightwing polemic to get annoyed at smile

DrWhooves Fri 23-Dec-16 09:43:22

This dress from the Lindy bop sale www.lindybop.co.uk/dresses-c1/swing-jive-dresses-c3/brittany-pink-lipstick-print-loveheart-swing-dress-p3006. Something to look forward to wearing in the spring.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 23-Dec-16 09:44:22

I bought the boots no7 gift box that was reduced and a silver necklace with a dragonfly on it which was an Amazon lightning deal. Oh and new slippers. I've given them all to DH to wrap up. He's bought me stuff as well but I like to know that I'll get something I want. smile I rarely treat myself but I think I deserve it living in a house of men. I work full time and am the major wage earner so it's not like I'm spending the family legacy grin

stumblymonkey Fri 23-Dec-16 09:53:38

A large piece of artwork
An iPad Pro
An Amazon Echo

Santa may have gone a bit overboard this year fblush

P1nkP0ppy Fri 23-Dec-16 09:54:21

A brand new, beautiful cashmere Jaeger cardigan, 75% off on EBay so I'm well chuffed 😀 And two brand new merino wool jumpers from EBay (less than £20 for the two!)

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 23-Dec-16 10:00:18

I've bought myself the L'Occitane advent calendar & shall open it all on Christmas morning fsmile

TheTartOfAsgard Fri 23-Dec-16 10:00:45

My mum, nan and dad always put money into my account instead of giving gifts so I'm going shopping today to buy my own presents. £200 to spend on myself! Getting over the knee boots from river island that I've wanted for ages, down to £40 in the sale, and lots of comfy maternity clothes, bubble bath and books. Would normally buy a perfume but I can't tolerate any smells at the minute

FurryDogMother Fri 23-Dec-16 10:03:06

An Amazon Echo, and a Dot too - I'm away from home caring for my Dad (aged 89) - he can't get out to the shops nor use a computer, my husband and I don't bother with gifts for each other as we're apart at Christmas, so these gifts are the only ones I'm likely to get. They're definitely just what I wanted smile

spencerreidswife Fri 23-Dec-16 10:08:34

I always get the 3 for 2 in boots the free onesI get for myself!! This year I got a nice Joules toiletry bag when I got stuff for DH. Also a nice Orla Keily hand creams set when I bought stuff for my SIL. It's things I wouldn't normally buy for myself

SantasSackAndJingleBalls Fri 23-Dec-16 10:17:07

Reading these posts makes me think I should buy more for myself!

Up to now I've ordered some pjs but won't get them until after Christmas (online sale).

I'm considering a bottle of baileys & have already bought my favourite bottle of red for Christmas Day smile

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 23-Dec-16 10:19:35

Oh I didn't know we were counting alcohol! Bottle baileys too and a box of cider...

Grumpyoldblonde Fri 23-Dec-16 10:28:08

Oh, I have Baileys, that's a given for me!
I feel that as I do the bulk of the planning and organising for Christmas that the odd treat for me is only fair fsmile

DrWhooves Fri 23-Dec-16 11:03:15

Oh well if alcohol counts I can add Bailey's, amaretto and several bottles of prosecco. I might have to share with DH though so I'm not really counting it as a gift just for me.

Manumission Fri 23-Dec-16 11:05:51

Alcohol counts? Noo! Alcohol is FOOD. It's grocery shopping.

Clankboing Fri 23-Dec-16 11:08:26

Sad but ... a cake stand. It is sooo pretty.

Manumission Fri 23-Dec-16 11:11:02

That's not sad, it's hygge smile

SantasSackAndJingleBalls Fri 23-Dec-16 13:29:48

@manumission it is but baileys is mine all mine. No one else is allowed to touch it, so really a treat for me grin

GandolfBold Fri 23-Dec-16 14:07:15

A pashmina that I have wanted for ages. I am on holiday and haven't brought it with me though so I will have to wait until the 30th. DH has left my presents at home too, so nothing for me to open on Sunday.

SantasSackAndJingleBalls Sat 24-Dec-16 21:12:15

Ok so today I went out and bought myself some makeup & clothes grin

Merry Christmas to me fgrin

HughLauriesStubble Sun 25-Dec-16 00:55:13

Merry christmas to all of us!

I splurged on the books in the end fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now