Talk

Advanced search

Putting a bought Xmas pud in the slow cooker

(8 Posts)
Silvertap Thu 22-Dec-16 18:03:10

Hi everyone.
Has anyone ever put a bought Xmas pud in the slow cooker. I know I could microwave but I don't want to be jumping up at the end of the meal to stick it on - I want to leisurely get to it!!

ShesAStar Thu 22-Dec-16 18:11:48

I think you need steam to cook the pudding so you might be better off steaming it on the hob for a few hours.

Mrsmadevans Thu 22-Dec-16 18:18:56

We dish the pud out to whoever wants it in the bowls and warm it in the micro for a couple of mins give or take, its not a problem really tasty and no trouble

hugoagogo Thu 22-Dec-16 18:22:33

A bought pudding will already be cooked, so you are just warming it up on the day.
No idea how long to do it though.

RockyRoadster Thu 22-Dec-16 18:22:58

I always do my Christmas pudding in the slow cooker, it comes out lovely and light, much better than microwaved. Put it on for a few hours and then it will be ready after you have eaten the main course

sjane03 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:23:12

Put an inch of water in the bottom of slow cooker and a cup or something to lift the pudding out of the water. Then steam for 3-4 hours ive cooked puddings like this it's the same as using a steamer.

starsinyourpies Thu 22-Dec-16 18:26:49

I did mine in slow cooker when I was pushed for hob space, it worked a dream. Put it in on top of a plate with a small amount of boiling water in the bottom when I got up and forgot about it until time to eat, this was a home made one so part cooked.

Silvertap Thu 22-Dec-16 19:14:51

Thanks. Rocky roadster how did you do yours? Some people seem to say put water halfway up the pud others say just an inch in the bottom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now