Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are your Christmas food goodie "must haves"

(13 Posts)
D0G Thu 22-Dec-16 15:43:28

Trying to write a list and can't think of anything treaty. Also could do with an easy tasty Christmas Eve meal idea...

SixtyDegreesNorth Thu 22-Dec-16 15:44:26

Chestnuts. Must have chestnuts or it is simply not Christmas.

D0G Thu 22-Dec-16 15:46:39

This is where I realise I'm seriously fussy... I don't like chestnuts. The dc may like them though

Howaboutthisone Thu 22-Dec-16 15:47:53

Christmas Eve is fillet steak, chips and rocket here this year.

As for goodies... nice cheeses, loads of yummy crisps, matchmakers mints. And all four of us have menu planned together so we all have our yummy meals over the festive period.

TheGruffaloMother Thu 22-Dec-16 15:48:25

Chocolate intended for other people blush

HeyMacWey Thu 22-Dec-16 15:50:53

Leibekuchen. Pickled walnuts for dh.
Our Xmas eve traditional meal is a fresh seafood platter washed down with copious amounts of bubbly. Delicious and more filling than you'd think.

Topseyt Thu 22-Dec-16 15:52:58

Panetone. Finest mince pies. Chestnut stuffing.

bookbook Thu 22-Dec-16 15:53:27

( mainly because its a faff, if easy) home made baklava.
Along with lots of nice cheese

CatSittingMonkey Thu 22-Dec-16 16:00:35

Christmas eve is always a ham joint expertly cooked by my father. I practically race the 200 miles home to get first taste of it.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Thu 22-Dec-16 16:01:02

Smoked salmon and bagels for Xmas morning, panettone and leibkuchen for nibbling at, a crate of clementines when your body starts to crave vitamin c after all the rich food. And on Christmas Eve we always order in a curry. Its traditional now and it's great that the DC are old enough to enjoy it too.

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 22-Dec-16 16:07:40

Stilton
Port
Panettone
Stollen
Beef wellington
Trifle

Not necessarily all at once but I could be persuaded grin

Bauble16 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:16:21

Nice cheese, dark chocolate, Pringles!

purplecabbage Thu 22-Dec-16 18:50:43

Unashamed indulgence! fsmile My personal must-haves include:

decent shortbread,
good brie
Belgian chocs
Smoked salmon

Christmas Eve while there is indulgence going on all around, the chocs get broken into with mince pies and port galore! DH has a tradition of salmon en croute with steamed new potatoes and green beans. This year I intend to step out of that in preference of a very light meal such as a green smoothie, so as to be fully hungry and primed for the epic feast that follows! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now