Talk

Advanced search

Come on, own up.... Who else has a Christmas present spreadsheet?

(42 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Wed 21-Dec-16 18:34:23

I can't be the only one. It's so cute. I can look back to 2008 (when DD1 was 7 and DD2 was 4) and see what they had for Christmas and what I bought other family members too.

I can see their favourites change over the years. And occasionally it's helped me avoid buying exactly the same thing for a family member that I got the year before.

MagpieMay Wed 21-Dec-16 18:36:32

I do this!! Only on year 2 so don't have so much looking back to enjoy but it's definitely kept me organised and almost on budget!!

Nan0second Wed 21-Dec-16 18:36:53

Yes, we have one!
I love it too

TealGiraffe Wed 21-Dec-16 18:38:25

Me!

Only keep it for the year though. I put down ideas from about September, then change colour as i buy them.

I also have a column for rrp so i can feel smug when i look at my 'savings' cell grin love a bargain

NotSoEagerBeaver Wed 21-Dec-16 18:55:49

Not a spreadsheet, but I do have a list of people with presents I plan to buy, a 'tick' beside present bought and gift highlighted when wrapped!

BakeOffBiscuits Wed 21-Dec-16 18:59:32

Yes it's fab. I've only been doing it for 3 years but wish I'd started years ago.

I also have one for all the meals for Xmas week- New Year's Day. We have lots of visitors so need to write down everything for every meal which then becomes my shopping list.

VanessaBet Wed 21-Dec-16 19:00:29

I do. It goes back 10 years now and currently has 38 people on it.

I need it halo

I also need a drink

mrsm43s Wed 21-Dec-16 19:05:34

I do this, had it about 4 years, and start a new tab each year, so I can look at what we got in previous year. Also has amount spent on it, which seems to go up exponentially as the children get older!

LittleGreyBear Wed 21-Dec-16 19:07:47

I do exactly the same Notsoeagerbeaver!!

Shurelyshomemistake Wed 21-Dec-16 19:12:42

Oh god I do this too. Changing colour when bought, ticking when wrapped. I thought I was the only saddle like this.

I'm guessing we all have jobs that have a degree of project planning involved??!

Shurelyshomemistake Wed 21-Dec-16 19:13:08

Saddo. Not saddle.

MoMandaS Wed 21-Dec-16 19:18:27

Yes! Had it 7 years now. I'm always disproportionately pleased if the total amount spent is even a few pence less than the previous year! It helps me keep track of ideas and rough budget from September, then I fill in the ordered/bought/got column as we get to December. And yes, Shurely, I was a project manager for quite a large part of my career!

wizzler Wed 21-Dec-16 19:20:47

Mee too... colour coded ... helps me make sure I am spending roughly the same on each of the DC..

Petalbird Wed 21-Dec-16 19:25:47

I like to send equal amounts on our SC 5 and 8 so this is the only way much enjoyed making it and proudly showing it to DP

NotSoEagerBeaver Wed 21-Dec-16 19:27:56

I love the idea of keeping a log of savings - I may have to incorporate that idea into my list next year smile

Jbck Wed 21-Dec-16 19:31:56

Yep, been keeping for about five years so I don't duplicate etc.

I even have status dropdowns blush

Don't have a budget per se but I do tot up at the end, might incorporate savings too, love a bargain grin

carrotcakecupcake Wed 21-Dec-16 19:52:17

What is this witchcraft you speak of?! <runs off to get laptop and load up Excel> fgrin

watfordmummy Wed 21-Dec-16 20:17:06

I've used an app this year and it's transformed my Christmas fgrin

Think anyone who's come into contact with me knows about my app!!

Shurelyshomemistake Wed 21-Dec-16 21:51:11

An app?? What is this app?? us weirdos who use spread sheets need to know about this socially suicidal but secretly appealing creation.

Sherlock35 Wed 21-Dec-16 21:54:03

Yeah, I need more details on this app and the columns on your spreadsheets, please

Cineraria Wed 21-Dec-16 21:54:32

I have one, colour coded, naturally.

soundsystem Wed 21-Dec-16 21:58:00

Oh I'm definitely going to add a savings column to mine for next year, great idea!

watfordmummy Wed 21-Dec-16 21:58:52

Sorry app is Santa's Bag, you add people from your contacts (or add them additionally).

Add ideas, presents bought, ordered, wrapped - where hidden, cost where from, and of course when given!

So so happy with it! It gives you a breakdown per person and overall. Best thing ever, ever!! fsmilefsmile

watfordmummy Wed 21-Dec-16 22:00:39

You can also set an overall budget, as well as per individual.

I'll stop now ....

cookiefiend Wed 21-Dec-16 22:06:11

I have a spreadsheet. I also track the rrp, the usual price (since rrps are often so inflated- no one pays £25 for a cookbook etc) and what I paid.

Then I can not only see what I spent per person, bit what I spent in total and what I would have speng without the Christmas bargain thread. On probably the fourth year now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now