Talk

Advanced search

Really niiiiiice non-alcoholic drinks

(54 Posts)
StillTryingHard Wed 21-Dec-16 09:42:45

We've been ill in run up to Christmas and I can't face getting tipsy this year. Don't get me wrong - we love our carefully chosen booze & we will have baileys & snowballs & plenty of wine for the guests. But I don't want to get dehydrated & headachey.

What is truly special that can be quaffed that isn't booze & isn't just lemondade, coke etc?

SealSong Wed 21-Dec-16 09:47:25

Belvoir drinks are fab, they are my go-to non alcoholic drinks for occasions. For Christmas this year I've got in their raspberry lemonade, the mulled winter punch and the ginger beer. Link here. I think some supermarkets stock them, and decent small shops such as delis and farm shops.

WonderMike Wed 21-Dec-16 11:42:24

Ginger beer and orange juice, 50/50 mix is very nice.

halcyondays Wed 21-Dec-16 11:44:05

Fentimans rose lemonade, and elderflower presse, any brand really

stumblymonkey Wed 21-Dec-16 11:44:39

I second the rose lemonade..:

stumblymonkey Wed 21-Dec-16 11:44:54

Also Irn Bru grin

sashh Wed 21-Dec-16 11:47:30

fresh orange juice with lemonade - have a look for some mocktails

fruitysmoothie Wed 21-Dec-16 11:49:04

Ooo! I'd be interested in knowing some nice non alcoholic drinks too!

Rainatnight Wed 21-Dec-16 11:49:35

I second Belvoir. I sometimes make up the elderflower cordial with sparkling water for a more prosecco feel!

They've released something new for Christmas - a non-alcoholic sort of punch called Shiraz without the hangover. It's quite nice.

StillTryingHard Wed 21-Dec-16 12:00:59

These are amazing suggestions - thanks MNetters. I feel genuinely excited about quaffing these. Going to head to Waitrose with a list of everything on here!

Talcott2007 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:04:51

The new-ish 7up Mojito flavour is really lovely! (They even have a no added sugar version) I jazz it up with the crushed ice fresh mint etc feels like having a proper cocktail!

trixymalixy Wed 21-Dec-16 12:07:35

I really like the Kopparberg non alcoholic pear cider and tesco do tonic water with cucumber flavour which is nice and refreshing.

My favourite is qcumber water, but i haven;t seen that anywhere for ages.

trixymalixy Wed 21-Dec-16 12:08:15

Also shloer used to do a punch that tasted really similar to pimms without the alcohol.

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 21-Dec-16 12:25:53

I love Cranberry juice and Soda water with a slice of orange, delicious!

MTWTFSS Wed 21-Dec-16 12:31:19

Fizzy elder-flower (M&S does a lovely one).
Exotic juices, such as lychee.
Pear cordial.

Sillymummy81 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:32:28

Totally stealing the ideas on this thread! I love lime and soda. Fever Tree soda is really lovely ( and pricey!) so I have that as my treat. Also love all the non alcoholic fruity ciders around. And old fashioned pink lemonade with lemon lime and orange wedges in it is lovely too.

minipie Wed 21-Dec-16 12:37:45

San Pellegrino Aranciata - like Orangina but nicer, and they do grapefruit and lemon versions too.

Fentimans or Fever Tree ginger beer

Becks Blue is a very decent non alcoholic beer if you're sick of sweet tastes

Coconut water is very sweet but also good for you

Sainsburys do a really gorgeous lime and ginger cordial - it is lovely with fizzy water. I have a bottle stashed away in the fridge as a Christmas treat.

NameChange30 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:40:05

I'm pregnant and I'm not drinking any alcohol. I really miss it though, and I found some delicious non-alcoholic sparkling "wine" in Sainsbury's (Taste the Difference). It does actually taste like sparkling wine and it's not too sweet, unlike most soft drinks.
I also like sparkling elderflower and I get a low-sugar version, I think it's Belvoir that do it. Lastly I have got into Fever Tree tonic water with a wedge of lime - I can almost forget there's no gin in it! grin

GeekLove Wed 21-Dec-16 12:40:22

I'm looking for non-alcoholic drinks which aren't too sweet - I'll keep a lookout for the Shiraz punch.
I found a really nice non-alcoholic dryish cider once but I can't for the life of me find out where it's from.

FreeButtonBee Wed 21-Dec-16 12:41:22

pink grapefruit juice and tonic water is lovely - has to be fevertree of course.

NameChange30 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:41:40

Oh and DH has kindly bought me some Belvoir mulled fruit punch which looks like a non-alcoholic version of mulled wine. I haven't tried it yet but feeling hopeful!

AllTheBabies Wed 21-Dec-16 12:43:01

Some good suggestions on here. I'm on my second pregnant Christmas in a row (bad planning!). Last year I just drunk shloer which is delicious but the sugar started to get to me by mid afternoon.

Destinysdaughter Wed 21-Dec-16 12:43:15

Soda water and mango juice
Cranberry juice with fresh lime juice and lots of ice
Home made lemonade!
There's a nice ginger drink in Holland and Barrett, mix with lemonade, it's v warming.

Destinysdaughter Wed 21-Dec-16 12:45:44

Ginger cordial, couldn't think what it was called

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now