Talk

Advanced search

Feeling bad

(11 Posts)
sammyjayneex Tue 20-Dec-16 20:01:32

So I'm feeling bad about not getting my children a lot this year because I've been unable to. I have got my youngest girls a small dolls house as they are only 4 and 5 so they will be happy with that and I got them a set of books and I'm in the process of making up an arts and crafts box for them with loads of art stuff inside BUT it's my older girls I'm struggling with. They are 9 and 10 and I've got them a set of books they want and some 'heeleys' (trainers with the wheels at the bottom' and I'm also going to do them an arts and craft box too but that's all I've been Alberti get them due to funds and im feeling bad. I want to get the older girls another present this week but not sure what I could get... any ideas? I want it to be something 'special' that they could treasure but can't get them jewellery because I don't think they are old enough yet to appreciate things like that.

chocoholic89 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:05:33

Maybe a nice little toiletrie set, or make your own, bubbles, bath bombs, funky puff, hand/body creams?

YouCanDoThis Tue 20-Dec-16 20:10:00

How about a 'voucher' for a fun day out just the three of you. Something a bit more grown up than you can do with the little ones? You can spread the cost a bit too as it doesn't have to be paid for this week. Might relieve some pressure.
Are they into Harry Potter? The studios tour is awesome and a full day out!

OopsDearyMe Tue 20-Dec-16 20:20:15

Heeleys are quite pricey, no don't feel bad that sounds good to me. Maybe a game or something from the charity shop. I find a lot of brand new ones nowadays for a quid or so.

SerialReJoiner Tue 20-Dec-16 20:30:18

Charity shop jewellery? I get bits for my daughters and don't worry when they go missing or break as they are so cheap. Fills them with joy, though!

giggly Tue 20-Dec-16 22:47:49

My dd the same age love the wooden boxes from the works that they decorate themselves. They start at a pound for butterfly windchimes up to £10 for fancy boxes. Also they love anything smelly. I make a small gift bag up with sprays, lip balms and shower gel. Tesco have all their toiletries half price so you could split a pack. My girls love these bags.
They also love fluffy socks which you can get in Pound land.

HighDataUsage Wed 21-Dec-16 05:10:00

Hobby craft has a set of 60 gel pens for £5. You could split the pack and give each child a smaller pack of pens or give the older dd the entire box.

Hobby craft & the works do a craft box for £5, works out cheaper than buying all the bits individually.

wheelwithinawheel Wed 21-Dec-16 05:15:35

Another vote for a box with loads of charity shop jewellery! I did this for my glitz- loving 7 year old - went down so well. Find a charity shop selling it cheaply and you're away!

Hidingtonothing Wed 21-Dec-16 05:21:22

Another vote for charity shop jewellery, Argos have some lovely jewellery boxes on at half price at the moment too so you could make the whole gift really special.

sammyjayneex Wed 21-Dec-16 20:59:09

Thanks everyone

I bought the gel pens form hobby craft! 60 pens for £5 isn't bad!!!

I also bought them a new jacket each from H and M. I am going to go look for one more thing tomorrow. My oldest is always asking to borrow my handbag so I'm wondering if I should get them a girly bag as well. I have learnt a lesson now, next year I'm starting early and being more prepared!!!

Hidingtonothing Wed 21-Dec-16 21:45:32

Ha, i say that every year and still end up doing everything at the last minute! Hope you all have a lovely time OP fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now