Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas pudding wine

(5 Posts)
OdinsLoveChild Tue 20-Dec-16 18:58:13

I've just bought a bottle of Christmas pudding wine. Anyone tried it? Is it for lounging around watching tv, munching chocolate and drinking or is it a bit more of a 'drink with canapés or steak and ale pie' type drink?

Should I just crack it open?

OdinsLoveChild Fri 23-Dec-16 10:22:22

It's revolting don't buy any. Even my DH refused to drink it and he drinks almost anything blush

Caroian Fri 23-Dec-16 12:08:47

Is it actually "Christmas pudding wine" (that sounds yuck) or a dessert wine meant to be drunk with Christmas pudding.

Dessert wines are lovely (although like any wine some are nicer than others). Usually a variety of Muscat and very, very sweet, they only taste good paired with a good strong dessert - like Christmas pudding! Small amount in a port glass with the pud goes down beautifully.

I can't imagine that pudding flavored wine would be great if that is what you have though!

OdinsLoveChild Sat 24-Dec-16 09:37:19

Yes it's actually Christmas pudding flavoured wine made with pudding spices and fruit. Recommend with cheese.

It's not a sweet dessert wine.

It's revolting whatever it's supposed to be fsad

travailtotravel Sat 24-Dec-16 09:44:24

That sounds revolting! Try some Pedro Ximenez. It's sherry, but not like you expect. We're having some of that plus some aged Rutherglen Muscat ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now