Talk

Advanced search

Amazon deals.

(11 Posts)
littlefirtree Tue 20-Dec-16 11:01:26

Anyone else think Amazon hasn't really had any great deals this year? The lightening deals haven't been half as good this year.

AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 20-Dec-16 13:38:37

Totally agree, I gave up even looking.

FranHastings Tue 20-Dec-16 13:43:33

They were rubbish this year and strangely hard to navigate. I too have up looking.

FranHastings Tue 20-Dec-16 13:44:02

*gave. Wish we could edit. blush

Blueflowers2011 Tue 20-Dec-16 13:52:25

same, been on Lightning Deals all of this week for any inspiration and totally disappointing. It's like catalogue shopping mostly. Yes, navigation is very poor which is totally surprising, Amazon for me tick most other boxes.

littlefirtree Tue 20-Dec-16 14:10:21

Yes exactly what's happened to the layout! Just a load of tat they want shifting. Last year they reduced stuff by more than half the original price on some items - beautiful books for children, Melissa and Doug etc. The lightening deals were exciting and you felt like you had a real bargain.

littlefirtree Tue 20-Dec-16 14:16:48

*lightning!!

Caroian Tue 20-Dec-16 15:38:12

I haven't seen many great deal either. But then I'm not sure whether they don't seem good because there are no deals on things I want!!

I do think things have gone a bit downhill in general. I feel like there is an increasing amount of tat and it's difficult to sift through to find the decent stuff. Even the search seems a bit unreliable lately - type a specific item or title and it will be two or three places down the results! And you can't "sort by price" because there are hundreds of thousands of things for £0.01!

That said, I do love that I can (eventually) find anything I want and that thanks to Prime I can often have it at my door in under 12 hours!

Arrowfanatic Tue 20-Dec-16 16:19:14

Agreed, it seems to have been all the random they've not been able to sell the rest of the year and not as good reductions as before.

It's been driving me potty that I sift through hundreds of items, see something interesting, click to look at it, click to go back and it returns me back to the top of the list so I have to go aaaaallllllll the way back through to get back the my original position.

littlefirtree Wed 21-Dec-16 14:30:47

Yes Arrow bloody frustrating!

Wormwoodm Thu 22-Dec-16 07:11:33

Totally agree! Last year I bought loads on lightening deals. Even things I hadn't thought of but made good extras like le creuset bottle openers to go with FIL's wine gift for overhaul price. Haven't been tempted once this year so gave up looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now