Talk

Advanced search

Dd age 4 Changed her mind about gift wanted off santa

(12 Posts)
soontobemrsmckeown Tue 20-Dec-16 08:46:06

All year she's being saying lego and then it was lego and my little pony - shopping all done a few weeks ago. Yesterday she said she wants the lion gaurd kion set 70 quid and I know she wouldn't really bother with it. Would it be OK to just get her the figures from lion guard for 15 quid instead? She's got loads of lego. The my little pony bits she wanted and lots of other surprises.

llhj Tue 20-Dec-16 08:47:58

Of course it's ok to do whatever you want! Don't get anything else. Just tell her Santa has filled his sleigh and that's that. She'll have to wait until her birthday.

soontobemrsmckeown Tue 20-Dec-16 08:48:48

Her birthday is in Jan and I've got everything for that too.

smEGGnogg Tue 20-Dec-16 08:49:39

Of course this is fine. She's 4 and probably won't remember on Christmas day with all the excitement anyway. Don't worry.

MrsAmaretto Tue 20-Dec-16 09:24:00

Just tell her no! Santa is organised and it's too late to change your mind.

I get mine to write their Danta letters at the end of November. Once it's sent there is no changing your mind.

MangoBiscuit Tue 20-Dec-16 09:27:50

I told my two a few weeks ago that Santa's probably sorted all the gifts already, because the elves will need time to wrap them all, and get them all loaded up.

JosephineMaynard Tue 20-Dec-16 09:28:42

I agree with pp, tell her Santa's already got presents packed so it's too late to change her mind.

DrowningInPoop Tue 20-Dec-16 11:35:25

Too late now!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Tue 20-Dec-16 11:50:17

I would always try and get their request but I think that set looks like such overpriced tat and Lego, my little pony and figures have more play value I think I'd say it's too late

StubbleTurnips Tue 20-Dec-16 11:53:36

Santas sleigh is packed for our road now, so any changes have to be vetoed!

pinkblink Tue 20-Dec-16 11:53:46

My 4 year old has just done this! I told him not to be too disappointed if he doesn't get his new list addition as it takes the elves a while to sort the toys and he may have left it a little late, but Father Christmas knows exactly what will make little boys & girls happy so he will get plenty of lovely things either way

MycatsaPirate Tue 20-Dec-16 11:55:39

Don't you just hate it when they do this??

I agree, don't buy anything else.

She will have forgotten about it when she's up to her eyes in presents and paper on Sunday anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now