Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present request, too expensive help!

(23 Posts)
Myamerican Mon 19-Dec-16 22:27:28

I have bought all my 2.5 year olds presents I figured he was too young to ask what he wanted for Xmas so I bought things I knew he would love. I did ask once or twice and he said 'cousin so and so' anyways as of last week, every time someone asks him what he wants for Xmas now he asks for a 'Micky mouse with battery's' looking on Argos the only Mickey mouse with battery's what I think he will like is £40! The squeeze one is a bit young for him I think, any ideas on an alternative under £15?

eurochick Mon 19-Dec-16 22:34:24

Meh. He's 2. Tomorrow he'll probably want a chicken or something. Don't sweat it and definitely don't spend more than you have. Whatever he has to open he will go mad about.

(For context I also have a 2.5 year old. She made a Christmas list that consisted of a cat and "some presents". We can manage the matter but not the former!)

00100001 Mon 19-Dec-16 22:38:38

He is 2

Christmas is a lifetime away for him.

He'll have forgotten about Mickey or not realise he didn't get him.

Myamerican Mon 19-Dec-16 22:39:27

Eurochick I thought he'd forget about it but he hasn't, he keeps asking for it every time someone asks him what he wants off Santa! Even when he was terrified of Santa at the grotto he said it, I dunno I feel a bit shit it's his first request to Santa and he won't get it blush

Myamerican Mon 19-Dec-16 22:41:07

And he has an amazing memory I don't think that helps my quest to find cheap battery operated Mickey blush

beela Mon 19-Dec-16 22:42:43

There's one on amazon for £14.99

BubbleFairy Mon 19-Dec-16 22:43:35

I'd go with the squeeze one tbh! It's Mickey, it's cuddly, and it talks. My DC are 8 and 10 and still like a talking soft toy, though more Pokemon than Mickey!

Myamerican Mon 19-Dec-16 22:44:37

Do you have a link please beela?

BubbleFairy Mon 19-Dec-16 22:47:32

Mickey

Is the one I found. If I've managed to do a link!

beela Mon 19-Dec-16 22:48:00

I found it on the app and can't work out how to do a link on my phone! Just type in Mikey mouse, it's the first one that came up. But maybe it's the same as the squeeze one you mentioned?

beela Mon 19-Dec-16 22:48:58

Oh yes that one. Thanks bubblefairy smile

Myamerican Mon 19-Dec-16 22:49:36

Do they bubble, he has loads of talking soft toys and seems to get bored of them, maybe that's because they are upsy daisy, iggle piggle, duggy etc. And a bit young for him now. I might get him the squeeze one then he's an only DC so I dunno what's what smile

Myamerican Mon 19-Dec-16 22:52:09

Thank you I think I'll go for that one! It's squeezey but it's Mickey and has battery's it should do the job smile

beela Mon 19-Dec-16 23:05:12

Fits the bill then grin

Hope he loves it.

BubbleFairy Mon 19-Dec-16 23:08:07

I'm sure he will love it. It's Mickey, and it's batteries. And if it's a short term want it's only £15!

DS aged 8 has a Pokémon plush on the top of his list this year. Only it's sold out everywhere so we are hoping the knock off from China does...... Honestly my kids have so many soft toys on their beds I'm surprised they fit in them!

Bourgainvillia Tue 20-Dec-16 18:03:51

A chicken sounds like good pressie to me

Izzy82 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:25:12

Home Bargains had some last week.

Notgoodtogo Tue 20-Dec-16 21:22:39

Bubblefairy, Poundland had Tomy Pokemon plushes for £10

Chelazla Tue 20-Dec-16 22:22:41

My America where are you I have one that was Near on £40 that mine have out grown still fan condition too!

Crumbs1 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:30:13

He won't care what he gets. It might be better not to ask one so young what they want but to do as you have and get them what you want to give. I have real concerns about a generation growing up being asked to choose their own gifts as opposed to being excited about the secret and grateful for what is given.

Chelazla Tue 20-Dec-16 22:36:55

I think there needs to be a balance, kids are bound to want certain things same as us adults! It's just bringing them up to be nice so they can still be happy when they don't always get exactly what they want! Mine have asked for stuff but I know they'll love other stuff that they wouldn't have thought to ask for!

Lucked Tue 20-Dec-16 22:40:46

this storyteller Mickey is £24.50

BubbleFairy Wed 21-Dec-16 14:15:16

Thanks notgood. It's a specific one he wanted, so my mum ordered it from eBay. It's come as a fake China one, but looks ok.

They're pretty gutted Pokémon is now so popular, they've loved it from old school, and hate that things are so fought over and pricey now! You used to be able to get full sized talking plushies in entertainer for £10!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now