Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Eve with teenagers

(19 Posts)
dietstartsmonday Mon 19-Dec-16 14:44:39

Hi all,

After some ideas as to what people do with their teenagers on christmas eve.
We had a plan to go for a meal and cinema but really nothing on we want to see that day, so need a new plan!

AgentProvocateur Mon 19-Dec-16 14:46:02

We're going to go for a meal then back to watch Elf with some wine (mine are 20 and 21)

PutDownThatLaptop Mon 19-Dec-16 14:47:19

We all watch a Christmas movie (National Lampoon probably), have hot chocolates, play a game together. Get a take away pizza.

Isadora2007 Mon 19-Dec-16 14:47:59

Board game? Booze and telly? A family jigsaw? Elf?

dietstartsmonday Mon 19-Dec-16 14:48:02

mine are 15-18 so one could join in with wine!

I think we may do that. I like to at least get out, as i will be mainly home for the next few days

Floofborksnootandboop Mon 19-Dec-16 17:17:18

We're going for a meal with DS1s girlfriends family then whoever is at home after that we'll just watch Christmas films and have a few drinks.

playmobilpeacock Mon 19-Dec-16 17:20:51

We're going bowling. Then home for Chinese take away and a film.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 19-Dec-16 17:21:23

Mine are 17 and 14.6yo.

We have an early lunch, and a late night buffet (crisps, French bread, cheeses type)

Planning a night of TV and a few games of Cards Against Humanity fgrin
Only DH drinks in our house, so he might potter off early to bed .
I might give A Woman in Black another go, bottled out last time ....fblush

Doobydoo Mon 19-Dec-16 17:24:41

17 and 9 year old. Snowman n Father Christmas! Nibbles cider n wine. Maybe a film. They might draw the line this yearcat being read The night before Christmas. Ds1 obviously humouring ds9 or rather me!

Floralnomad Mon 19-Dec-16 17:27:16

Mine are both 17+ and we have a buffet and film night , generally older comedies , last year it was Ruthless People , this year it's Naked Gun .

Sunnysky2016 Mon 19-Dec-16 17:31:56

We are cooking a lot on Christmas Eve, then playing some games before sitting down to eat duck with red berries. Later on we are then attending midnight mass- a first for everyone except me. I'm hoping it becomes a tradition, to remind my children what Christmas is about- it's ain't just presents!!!

Ontopofthesunset Mon 19-Dec-16 17:36:53

Meal out at our local restaurant, then back to watch A Christmas Carol, then probably Christmas playlist and Norad Tracks Santa. Mine are 15 and 18.

We usually go out for a late breakfast/brunch then watch a Christmas film in the afternoon, either at home or at the cinema. Then carols on the village green, followed by a buffet tea and a board game in the evening.

MrsJayy Mon 19-Dec-16 18:18:18

Chinese take away and a film or buffet food and a film not decided yet Dd wants to watch Elf <sigh> dd1 is 23 and dd2 is 18 so a bit older than yours

Crumbs1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:20:14

Same as we've always done. Village nativity that starts in the pub, real,sheep, lots of carols and wander slowly up to church where vicar would rather have people with a wine glass than not have them at all. A brief reminder of why we end up there then Father Christmas appears with gifts for all the children and all the very elderly.
Back to pub for a drink then to friends for same supper as always. Nuts and crisps, Gammon, Chips, Homemade coleslaw, Cheese, tomato salad, eggs, baked beans (people choose their own combination -there are about 18 of us). Pavlova and baileys cheesecake. Silly games.

MrsJayy Mon 19-Dec-16 18:24:59

We went to local panto other year but the dame was whipping up the children about santa they were going nuts it was very noisy im to old for all that nonsense and dd1declared she hated children

Groovee Mon 19-Dec-16 18:26:20

We normally do the cinema then a meal out. But dd is working and Dh and D's is going to the football. Not sure I want take away.

dietstartsmonday Mon 19-Dec-16 23:42:44

Cinema is rubbish on Christmas Eve this year.
I think maybe stay in with a buffet and games sounds good

Thanks all

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 19-Dec-16 23:46:02

We usually have a Chinese and watch Love Actually while I wrap the presents. However this year DSS has invited us to his house for dinner and a film, much to DS's disgust as he thinks it ruins the tradition. I like to think it's the start of a whole new tradition now that DSS is getting married. It was either dinner on Xmas Eve or breakfast on Xmas Day but as DH is working Xmas Day we opted for the evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now