Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you do yours? Turkey

(12 Posts)
chocoholic89 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:45:11

I have just bought fresh turkey crown from iceland. How shall I prep it? Inspire me! fwink

itstheyearzero Mon 19-Dec-16 09:47:39

I rub heaps of butter all over it, then cover it with streaky bacon in a lattice pattern. Then cook for 2 hours covered in tin foil, then the last 30 mins or however long is left I uncover it so the bacon crisps up.

chocoholic89 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:52:01

Yep sounds good to me, might even use yur bacon idea too! Thanks

anyoldname76 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:53:58

im cooking a boneless turkey crown but its pretty much the same, loads of butter and streaky bacon over the top

Welliesandwings Fri 23-Dec-16 02:23:46

We have a whole turkey and I drown brine it for 24hrs before cooking it. It doesn't dry out when cooking and tastes lovely. (Nigella recipe)

Manumission Fri 23-Dec-16 03:01:55

Upside down for moister breast.

I feel like that deserves a Sid James cackle or something smile

chocoholic89 Fri 23-Dec-16 07:16:44

Ha fgrin

ginauk84 Fri 23-Dec-16 07:19:05

Jamie Oliver's recipe here smile

RunningjustasfastasIcan99 Fri 23-Dec-16 14:31:20

Was going to follow Jamie this year but my turkey has come with the recommendation to cook without foil. Don't think I'm brace enough though. Has anyone ever done that?

Blossomdeary Fri 23-Dec-16 14:37:24

I always get up early - turn oven on high and give turkey half an hour blast, then turn it down to 100 degrees and let it slow cook till evening. Wrapped in foil of course to keep the juices and the steam in. This method both roasts and steams so it is always moist and succulent. I do all meat like this.

Important with turkey to check the juices are clear before serving.

Blossomdeary Fri 23-Dec-16 14:38:18

Or you can do this overnight if you are having Christmas grub at lunchtime.

Bluntness100 Fri 23-Dec-16 14:41:31

I find turning it upside down just squishes it and the skin sticks to the pan. It's not then very appealing when you right it. I could be doing something wrong though whenever I've tried it, but from an aesthetic perspective it never looks good when I've tried it.🙄

Put the butter under the skin, you need to release the skin first by sticking your fingers in so there is pouches for the butter to be added.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now