Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gift tags or different wrapping paper?

(29 Posts)
Shemozzle Mon 19-Dec-16 02:18:24

Which method do you go with? I've usually done different coordinating paper for each DC, and not bothered with labels (because I inevitably can't find them when I need them). But I'm not sure wether to go a bit crazy wild and mix the paper up a bit this year and use labels. What do you do?

Manumission Mon 19-Dec-16 02:34:34

Colour coded paper. Tags double the wrapping work and - as you say - get lost anyway.

pklme Mon 19-Dec-16 04:35:43

Sticker tags

NotLadyPrickshit Mon 19-Dec-16 07:05:29

Different paper for each child & no faffing about with tags - this year I've mixed it up & given the older kids different papers from a set so that it's a bit more grown up for them

ChickyDuck Mon 19-Dec-16 07:05:48

Or just write the names on in sharpie fgrin

Cagliostro Mon 19-Dec-16 09:59:08

I got this book earlier this year Usborne Christmas Labels

dementedpixie Mon 19-Dec-16 18:16:17

I do a mix of paper and use sticky labels with the name on. In the past I used specific paper for each child and dh but now I just mix it up to make it look more festive

Rudymentary Mon 19-Dec-16 18:17:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PlumsGalore Mon 19-Dec-16 18:20:06

Mix wrap with whatever wrapping paper we have for each DC, no tags, a carefully hidden letter S or N on the package in a Sharpie helps me put them in the right pile on the night.

PlumsGalore Mon 19-Dec-16 18:21:20

Impressed with your wrapping Notlady, mine look like something from a santas grotto in cheap paper and wrapped without much effort.

dementedpixie Mon 19-Dec-16 18:24:06

We don't do a separate pile for each child, they are all mixed up under the tree. I wrapped lots of things today

TataEs Mon 19-Dec-16 18:25:35

another vote for sharpie

Thundercake Mon 19-Dec-16 18:26:35

All sorts of different paper for a restive look then I just cut out a piece from an A4 and write the kids names on in big letters. For adults I use sticky labels from the pound shop.

HardcoreLadyType Mon 19-Dec-16 18:28:49

I use tags, but we sit down, and watch each other unwrap the presents, we don't all go at it at once.

soontobemrsmckeown Mon 19-Dec-16 18:33:49

I use the same paper for everyone. I used red of santa this year with tags and blue of mummy and daddy with tags. I only have 1 dd but like as much as possible to have all matching paper. I ran out for some last minute buys so they are in white and gold paper under the tree sad

TWOBANANAS Mon 19-Dec-16 18:35:37

Sticky labels as it's harder for the kids to notice if they spot that one pile looks slightly larger than the other. Which they do.

NotLadyPrickshit Tue 20-Dec-16 12:14:06

Plums I am quite sad & love wrapping presents! The adults gifts have ribbons & bows & shit - I'm gutted when my hard work is ruined as they tear into them sad

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Tue 20-Dec-16 12:23:31

I use different wrapping paper for each child, there's a 4 year age gap so younger ones paper is always fun santa/penguins etc, older one more silhouette reindeer, abstract trees etc. I can't be faffing about with tags.

likewhatevs Tue 20-Dec-16 12:28:30

I try to use different wrapping paper for each child. I usually fail. Then I write their names on with a Sharpie. I cannot be arsed with tags.

woodhill Tue 20-Dec-16 12:45:56

Whatever I have to hand. I sometimes cut old cards up with pinking scissors if desperate and punch a hole in it.

BadToTheBone Tue 20-Dec-16 13:46:39

Usually paper and tags galore but this year I've wrapped in Christmassy tissue paper and bunged them all in their own gift bags. I've even done this for adults and it's how great and looks lovely too. S few bits were too big for the bags and they got paper and tags. I'm a very neat wrapper, one of my useless for 90% of the year skills!

oldsilver Tue 20-Dec-16 13:52:19

Mix up the wrap and mix up the presents and selotape labels on. F/C big present used to get his own wrap and tag. Now it's just a token present for DS as a laugh and the family present that has special F/C wrap. Oh, and DS always gets a Birthday present off F/C as well - part of the Christmas Day birthday magic. 🎅

Jojay Tue 20-Dec-16 13:54:19

I use Avery labels in my printer.

I print out a load, some saying' Merry Christmas, Love from DH, Me, DC1,2,3,4. Just leave a space at the top to write the name of the recipient. It saves so much time, and it's easy to amend to ' From Mum and Dad, 'From Santa etc.

purplefizz26 Tue 20-Dec-16 14:17:45

Labels!

Quick, literally

To X
From Y

grin

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 20-Dec-16 16:45:36

Sticky labels and mixed paper just because it's nice for them to have different types. Santa presents for stocking They have a colour each. We did do separate piles though anyway so they can see what's theirs from the off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now