Talk

Advanced search

Karaoke dilemma

(8 Posts)
dingalong Sun 18-Dec-16 23:56:42

I'm just looking for advice
Dd 7 isn't a huge music fan but I thought I'd get her a karaoke machine, thought it might be fun

I bought v-tech super star - good points (will take out vocals from any track, can manipulate voices)

I then twitched (thought is it too young for her and ordered this karaoke machine too

Any recommendations for either, which should I give her.

She's a younger brother 5 too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01IHQ27EK/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1482105243&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=karaoke

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01D9QEPAC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482105305&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=vtech+superstar

She's no interest in popular culture (animal obsessed 😄)

Jenice Mon 19-Dec-16 00:01:21

I got the same for my DD who is 5. You'd be surprised how much popular music they know from birthday parties etc. I downloaded the now party album as it is child friendly for her party so she is familiar with it. I'm hoping the super star thing will be as good as the reviews.

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 19-Dec-16 00:07:23

Noooooo

Get ear plugs

dingalong Mon 19-Dec-16 00:27:34

Poor DD's favourite song is acdc 'thunderstruck' so she needs an intervention 😱 The only popular song she knows is 'let it go.'

. I hate X factor type stuff, but I'm getting her and ds5 to go to try drama/music group. She's pretty tuneless but I think singing is lovely (good music lifts my heart)

SloeGinandTonic Mon 19-Dec-16 08:50:09

Dd 7 isn't a huge music fan but I thought I'd get her a karaoke machine, thought it might be fun

She's no interest in popular culture (animal obsessed 😄)

Take them both back and get her something that she would like and enjoy. Sound more like a gift for adults rather than something chosen for her?

dingalong Mon 19-Dec-16 09:10:21

She's gotten a hatchimal, a really good microscope (she wants to be a zoologist) - we panicked when we couldn't get a hatchimal so there's an iPad mini and small stuff too.

She is animal obsessed - she talks about animals all the time at a level beyond her teacher and peers (her teachers words not mine)
A lot of her class friends aren't into animals so I wanted to help her get some common interests.

We do park camps, beavers, science clubs so I encourage her interests but wanted to try to broaden them 😄

dingalong Mon 19-Dec-16 09:15:45

She'd asked for a hatchimal and snow for Christmas 😄

dingalong Mon 19-Dec-16 10:11:22

Still looking for advice (bit distracted by Sloeginandtonic 😄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now