Talk

Advanced search

What will you have for breakfast on Christmas Day?

(75 Posts)
Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 18-Dec-16 23:32:29

It was always tradition in our house growing up to have bacon rolls and tea whilst opening presents. I think DH prefers smoked salmon and scrambled egg with Bucks Fizz.

I think last year I tried making Nigella Lawson's Christmas morning muffins although I managed to over-bake them.

What will you be eating?

triangularchocolate Sun 18-Dec-16 23:40:41

Selection boxes just my usual cereal!

00100001 Sun 18-Dec-16 23:41:56

Chocolate ( from the stocking)

LilQueenie Sun 18-Dec-16 23:46:16

a bottle of shloer and a selection box.

FusionChefGeoff Sun 18-Dec-16 23:47:08

Those frozen pastries that defrost / rise overnight then bake in the morning - pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins, cinnamon buns and croissants. And maybe a fancy hotel style fruit platter if I can be arsed.

Sunshine511 Sun 18-Dec-16 23:47:15

Chocolate here too blush

WhoKnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Sun 18-Dec-16 23:53:49

Cinnamon buns and croissants. Bacon rolls are a nice idea but we've never done them. Don't think I could face smoked salmon first thing.

Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 18-Dec-16 23:58:28

Oooh cinnamon buns is an amazing idea!

YesLordSugar Sun 18-Dec-16 23:59:34

Another vote for Croissants. My aunt and her family always have a full English breakfast! Never understood it.

SpareASquare Mon 19-Dec-16 00:01:17

This
thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/baked-french-toast/

It is SO good smile

chatnanny Mon 19-Dec-16 01:06:37

Smoked salmon bagels here.

TheLesserOfTwoWeevils Mon 19-Dec-16 01:24:29

Eggs benedict and bucks fizz

MyKidsHaveTakenMySanity Mon 19-Dec-16 01:25:54

Bacon rolls and tea! Perfect!

Star2015 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:03:24

Lidl do nice croissants, so probably those.

Terry's Chocolate orange.

DH will probably wait until 10.30am then start eating olives.

Have a good one fsmile

JustKeepSwimming24 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:30:41

Bacon and egg rolls with tea! ☺️👍🏻

Bubbinsmakesthree Mon 19-Dec-16 07:34:40

I am sorely tempted by making cinnamon rolls now - love the idea of the smell of cinnamon wafting through the house in the morning fsmile

We go to DH's family on Christmas morning after breakfast so the few hours first thing opening presents with DH and DS are special (plus I don't need to do any other cooking so can afford to invest the time in breakfast).

Does anyone make their own cinnamon rolls? I've seen some recipes where you can do 90% of the prep the night before then leave in the fridge overnight before baking.

MelchettsTinslyMoustache Mon 19-Dec-16 07:50:18

Bacon rolls and Buck's Fizz normally, though I do fancy trying nigellas muffins <snigger>

WhoKnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Mon 19-Dec-16 08:05:16

That's what I do with the cinnamon buns, I'll dig out the recipe in a minute. I made them filled with mincemeat instead last week, equally delicious. I've found the fridge is a bit too cold, they've worked better when I've left them somewhere cool but not cold (shed, car boot, depends on weather).

FoxInABox Mon 19-Dec-16 08:07:45

Buck's Fizz and Christmas tree shape crumpets

WhoKnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Mon 19-Dec-16 08:09:10

This recipe but I use butter and cow's milk as we are not vegan, plus glace icing (water and icing sugar) to glaze. I also make the icing the night before, put it in a disposable icing bag and clip shut, then just snip the end off and drizzle it on when they come out of the oven.

cinnamon bun recipe

whifflesqueak Mon 19-Dec-16 08:10:28

tradition dictates kippers, crumpets and bloody marys.

GinIsIn Mon 19-Dec-16 08:13:29

If we were allowed to do it our way, it would be Buck's Fizz and bacon sandwiches. Unfortunately our house guests this year are teetotal vegans, who Don't eat sugar. So probably joyless muesli and tap water. hmm

Fantail Mon 19-Dec-16 08:15:49

First year as a T1 diabetic and maintaining good bg levels is crucial as still on honeymoon. So not the normal Christmas where I can eat anything.

So I've been experimenting and will make low carb waffles with blueberry chia jam. Maple syrup for everyone else.

Lots of good coffee and a berry & cherry platter with dark chocolate to nibble on while opening presents.

raisedbyguineapigs Mon 19-Dec-16 08:16:37

Blimey Fenella What are you doing for the rest of the day?

Thanks for the part baked croissants idea. I was racking my brains and it's so simple!

Bubbinsmakesthree Mon 19-Dec-16 08:17:33

I might give that a go whoknows fsmile

Might buy some Pillsbury-type croissants for reserve in case it goes tits up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now