Talk

Advanced search

Small gift idea for 7 year old girl

(13 Posts)
Theyhaveallbeenused2 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:38:28

My cousin has just moved her partner in who has a 7 year old daughter who I haven't yet met. My cousin always buys my ds a Christmas so I would like to buy a small for her partners little girl who has also been so kind to donate some old toys to my ds.I was thinking along the lines of a book or craft set?

EmGee Sun 18-Dec-16 20:51:41

I wonder if something nice and glittery from Monsoon might go down well? I have a just 7yo DD and she doesn't get very excited about opening up craft sets (and she gets lots!) but she would probably love to open up a present containing nice ear muffs and gloves. Monsoon has some really pretty stuff inc small handbags, hair clips etc.

Could you ask your cousin what this little girl likes? No point buying glitter if she is a tomboy!

EmGee Sun 18-Dec-16 20:53:17

A book is a good idea too buy again check to see what she likes. Or how about a gift card from Waterstones wrapped up in a pretty box with either a hairband/hairclip/small bar chocolate?

lazzaroo Sun 18-Dec-16 22:11:37

Anything from Smiggle would probably go down well!

Theyhaveallbeenused2 Sun 18-Dec-16 22:28:22

The big issue I have is I live in a small town with only wh Smith tesco b&m or peacocks worth shopping in for gifts fshock

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Sun 18-Dec-16 22:55:20

Peacocks - hair bands, slides etc
Wh smith - busy book or annual
Tesco - selection box or chocolate reindeer, colouring books, pens

Probably could get all of the above for £10 or so

(I have a 7 year old)

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Sun 18-Dec-16 22:57:46

Also, depends on what the mother would allow but my 7 year old was over the moon with her present from her best friend. Was from morrisons and around £5 and was a set of 5 nail polishes and 2 nail boards. Made her feel so grown up!

nannyj Sun 18-Dec-16 23:01:40

I bought my 7 year old dd a clock that you colour in then can hang from B and M. They do picture frames too. Only £5.99 I think.

PenguinsandPebbles Sun 18-Dec-16 23:03:48

Colouring books and pens have never disappointed any 7 year old I've ever met

crje Sun 18-Dec-16 23:07:42

My dd is 7

Her small gifts are a wash set from boots , an eye mask( she loves the idea of them) colouring set & cat toys for her pets.

Deux Sun 18-Dec-16 23:12:52

My DD is just 8 and she got an eye mask/sleep mask in a soft fleecy type fabric and she loves it.

Origami sets have gone down well too.

Ginxed Sun 18-Dec-16 23:13:58

My DD is 7 and loves anything craft, hair, jewellery or kids make up/nail varnish.
I would second the b&m clock that you colour in, we have bought those for a few birthday parties recently.

CashelGirl Sun 18-Dec-16 23:18:29

One of DDs best birthday presents was a book from WH Smith's called "How to write a story". She loves it and has used it loads. Notebooks, fancy pen sets (though not sharpies), felt tips always well received in our house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now