Talk

Advanced search

Accessories for whiskey drinkerd

(11 Posts)
Fantail Sun 18-Dec-16 17:36:53

DB & DSIL are hip young things who love whiskey & have a large selection at home. Money is very tight this year so I am cooking a lot of the presents to give.

DB & DSIL are getting a hamper of goodies to nibble on with their chosen tipple of an evening:

- savoury popcorn
- nut brittle
- savoury & sweet roasted nuts

But I want something to buy to go along side.

They also like retro stuff.

Fantail Sun 18-Dec-16 17:37:17

Or whiskey drinkers even

SolomanDaisy Sun 18-Dec-16 17:42:35

You can get whisky stones which keep whisky at the right temperature without watering it down. They're cheap!

Breagha85 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:52:49

Whisky drinker here - I'd hate to get whisky stones. Whisky is not supposed to be cold as a lot of the flavour is down to smell, which is inhibited at low temperatures.

What about a whisky angel from a Scottish company called Angels Share? Or there's a company makes sets of two glencairn glasses on a wooden base - the wooden base being made from old whisky barrels.

Fantail Sun 18-Dec-16 17:57:31

Yup have never had ice added.

What's a whisky angel?

magicstar1 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:59:56

Very dark chocolate too. DH goes to Whiskey Live every year and they give samples with different foods...they highly recommend dark chocolate

Fantail Sun 18-Dec-16 18:03:17

Oh, good idea, I will get some of that too

Autumnchill Sun 18-Dec-16 18:06:55

As a whisky drinker I like a nice glass but appreciate money is tight as how about something like a whisky barrel tea light holder. We went to Deanston Distillery recently and they were selling them

Breagha85 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:27:03

The Angels share is the whisky that evaporates from the barrel.

The company do a dram inside a glass angel (you can add a personalised message) as a nod to this.

http://www.angelsshareglass.com/collections/angels/products/angels-share-whisky-filled-glass-angel

shakemysilliesout Sun 18-Dec-16 18:33:35

I got some whisky lip balm off ebay

Fantail Sun 18-Dec-16 18:38:58

Oh cool, I will look into that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now