Talk

Advanced search

Presents for Xmas day hosts

(7 Posts)
WeAllHaveWings Sun 18-Dec-16 09:23:07

We don't do presents for adults in our family other than a £5 secret Santa, but usually take something for our Xmas day hosts.

They are feeding 17 this year and a bottle of wine/chocs seems inadequate/boring. I have offered to help with a course but it's been declined. What do you take/have received as hosts?

Difficultyear2015 Sun 18-Dec-16 09:27:33

For my parents who are hosting Christmas this year we buy presents as standard but also take some extras to say thanks.
This year it's a nice candle, some champagne and chocolate

clerquin Sun 18-Dec-16 10:42:42

Family secret santa. We stay 2 nights, 1 night at each set of GPS who fortunately live relatively close together and we contribute posh panettone (preordered from Italian friends) and 2 bottles of decent champagne for each side in addition.

BeaLola Sun 18-Dec-16 10:48:25

We always host - youngest and only ones with DC.

We still do presents for all but I don't think you could go wrong with anything as its lovely to be thought of - anything from champagne or prosecco, posh chocolates, lovely candle or say planted tub of hyacinths or amaryllis depending on your hosts ages and family gathering likes/ dislikes. Depending on what normally happens at your family Christmases would it work to take a new board game, Christmas cd or something ?

HTH

wheatchief Sun 18-Dec-16 17:41:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 18-Dec-16 18:56:13

Looks like wine/chocs is still the way to go. I'll maybe do that and send some flowers a couple of days later to say thank you.

Blueflowers2011 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:19:50

somebody got me a beautufully packaged Carluccios panettone and wine one year which was a lovely gift. They also sell a Pandoro which is a bit different, no raisins and a slightly different cake, love that too.

I dont drink so really dislike receiving bottles of wine but I know i am very much in the minority. It's strange that people think its the done thing.

Waitrose also do a half decent Panettone.

Also received last year the really large and long selection box from Hotel Chocolat which felt quite special,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now