Talk

Advanced search

When can I eat cake?

(15 Posts)
Ginmakesitallok Sat 17-Dec-16 07:21:05

I finished icing my Christmas cake yesterday. It's only me who actually likes it. Normally I'd wait until Christmas day- but I really really want a bit. Will santa still come if I cut the christmas cake??

featherpillow Sat 17-Dec-16 07:24:32

I would definitely taste test it today fwink

timeforabrewnow Sat 17-Dec-16 07:28:03

I opened the Guylian seashell chocolates last night, and we all had one each. So I guess you can eat some cake - but it does sound more of an event.. Perhaps invite a friend over?

SecondaryQuandary Sat 17-Dec-16 07:28:19

We always start ours around now otherwise it never all gets eaten.

Wouldn't want to waste it, would you?

Randytortoise Sat 17-Dec-16 07:29:18

You have to do a quality control check so you must have a large slice.

Jcee Sat 17-Dec-16 07:33:55

I think you have to taste a bit today otherwise how will you know it's ok for Christmas? fwink

HardcoreLadyType Sat 17-Dec-16 07:44:29

DH always thinks you should cut the cake on Christmas afternoon or evening.

Growing up, we used to serve it to people before Christmas like you would mince pies.

However, as the Christmas cake is DH's project every year, I just go along with what he wants. So, from that, it follows that you should get to choose when to eat it.

So, on balance, I would say you should have cake NOW!

ImYourMama Sat 17-Dec-16 07:55:23

I'm happy to join you in the cutting of the Christmas cake, in told calories consumed while breastfeeding don't count wink

Ginmakesitallok Sat 17-Dec-16 09:19:14

I honestly don't think I could cope with the guilt....

harderandharder2breathe Sat 17-Dec-16 14:27:45

Well I've promised a big chunk of mine to a friend so it'll be cut middle of this week. My first ever one! Marzipan went on yesterday, will ice tomorrow I think

QuilliamCakespeare Sun 18-Dec-16 07:41:39

I'm pregnant overdue and I was eyeing up my massive Christmas cake yesterday. There's so much brandy and amaretto in it I'll probably get pissed if I eat any but I'm happy to join you in early-slicing in solidarity.

Blueflowers2011 Sun 18-Dec-16 14:28:24

cut from underneath, nobody will ever know

Blueflowers2011 Sun 18-Dec-16 14:30:28

posted too early - i was going to say i did this once with my own cake one year too! Couldnt wait, so i got a pastry cutter, turned the cake upside down and gently cut a nice round shaped sized.

When it came to the day it looked perfect, i was grinning inside.

Sparlklesilverglitter Sun 18-Dec-16 14:30:44

We always start ours the weekend before Christmas or it doesn't all get eaten what with all the other Christmas goodies

Ginmakesitallok Sun 18-Dec-16 14:36:52

Had a slice - wow its got a lot of brandy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now