Talk

Advanced search

Countdown to Christmas 2016 - Thread 3!!!

(108 Posts)
MrsDilligaf Sat 17-Dec-16 07:16:22

Wheeeeee

Nearly there fgrin

SEVEN DAYS TO GO

Ho Ho Ho

fgrin fgrin fgrin

MrsDilligaf Sat 17-Dec-16 07:18:37

Link to the old thread here

Mummyreindeerlegz Sat 17-Dec-16 08:10:29

Oh my goodness!!! So close and I have wrapped nothing and have loads of bits left to make!! Argh!!

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 17-Dec-16 08:23:09

DD1 comes home from uni today! I'll break out some of the Christmas drinks tonight I think.

DH is going to collect her and then this afternoon DD2 will be at work and DS has got a 2 hour torture session karate fun day so I'll have a couple of hours to wrap the last 3 presents and ice the Christmas cakes.

I'm having my hair done this morning - my grey roots are practically down to my ears. I'm sure my hair didn't grow this fast when I was a teenager grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 17-Dec-16 09:33:19

fgrin @ Woolly sneaking in post 1001 on the last thread......

DD and I went to see a play of "A Christmas Carol" , really enjoyed it. Small room and the chairs all in a circle with the actors running back and forth so very interactive.

Shopping today (again fgrin ) with DD to get some last minute things then food shop with DH tomorrow (freezer/pantry)

DH is watching "The Bishops Wife" at the moment (he likes these sort of films, that and Its a Wonderful Life )

I have four more (very busy) days at work then I'm free for five days.

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 17-Dec-16 09:43:33

I'm recording The Bishop's Wife. It's one of my very favourite films.

I've only got a half day left to work on Tuesday - but it's a humdinger - Christmas party for 25 highly excited 3 and 4 year olds. In theory I'll be in the office finalising the end of term accounts but I don't want to miss a single one of them visiting Santa. fgrin

HairsprayBabe Sat 17-Dec-16 09:57:03

Morning all thread three!
I am at gift wrap central today and I will finish my hampers off too!

HungryHorace Sat 17-Dec-16 10:07:00

Morning! I really need to pull my finger out to get the remaining bits wrapped. Tomorrow night, I reckon, as we are away tonight.

Thank you for the new thread! fgrin

Mummyreindeerlegz Sat 17-Dec-16 10:13:16

I've just bottles the bramble gin that will be given as gifts for chrismtmas. Had a sip and it was good and I don't like gin!

lollyj84 Sat 17-Dec-16 10:23:15

Morning. I have wrapped all of presents except ds1 and i've even handed some out. Don't want to wish time away but i'm so looking forward to midday on 23rd. That when i finish work and like 70 i'm free for five whole daysfgrin

HandbagCrazy Sat 17-Dec-16 11:22:17

<twirls into thread 2>

I'm in work angry - so I've come in wearing a Christmas jumper to cheer myself up fgrin

DH has a bug so I'm running away to dm's house for the evening (and taking his blanket with me to get as much done as poss). It's not going to get finished though.

I can't believe we are 7 days away. I'm getting excited fgrin

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 17-Dec-16 12:23:19

How close are you to finishing the blanket Handbag? DMum always knitted me and my sister a new cardigan at Christmas and Easter. We were both in the church choir and sang at Midnight Mass. Mum was still sewing them up at 11pm most years - nothing like a bit of adrenaline to get the creative juices flowing. fgrin

HandbagCrazy Sat 17-Dec-16 13:12:12

Ha! It's an avengers blanket made of seperate squared. So far I have Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and about a third of Hulk. I hVe a giant black rectangle with most of the Abengers A on it and 2 smaller squares for Black Widow and Hawkeye.
I need to finish Hulk, sew them together and put a border on. At my usual rate it's a solid weeks worth; but he's finished work for Christmas now so I can't just leave it out and carry on with it whenever I have a spare minute so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Mummyreindeerlegz Sat 17-Dec-16 13:47:03

Bramble gin, just needs a ribbon and a tag :-)

HairsprayBabe Sat 17-Dec-16 13:56:52

Looks lovely mummy my cook books arrived today!!! I am so excited now fgrin

Mummyreindeerlegz Sat 17-Dec-16 14:01:22

Ooh!! So exciting!!

Guitargirl Sat 17-Dec-16 17:23:21

Ooooo- shiny new thread!

I have cracked open the Christmas wine today wine. And very nice it is too. Have been busy with quite a lot of school Christmassy things this week and we also had our work Christmas lunch which was ok, if a little bland.

I took the DCs to Libertys last night to choose a Christmas decoration each to give to their teachers. I might as well not have bothered as out of all the lovely twinkly things on offer, they chose the most garish, bloody ugly things there. Ah well, next year I might just stick with Amazon. We did go up to the roof garden at John Lewis and I had a glass of wine whilst they drank hot chocolate and played hide and seek amongst the Christmas trees.

I braved Oxford Street again this morning - alone - to get the last bits and twitched massively in LUSH. Am also currently twitching on Harry Potter lego on EBay. I have one more shop to go to tomorrow and then I think I am done. Yay!

My last day at work is Monday but I have a deadline so Monday may be quite a long day. The DCs break up from school on Tuesday and then we have relatives coming to stay so need to sort bedding and stuff like that. Ocado are also coming at the crack of dawn on Tuesday so I must not forget about that like last time.

Mummyreindeerlegz Sun 18-Dec-16 08:01:52

I'm not ready and our bank account is in an horrific state. I really have not reigned in enough at all. Last Christmas we had two incomes and this year we don't. I had a low banalance alert from the bank. Oops.

Luckily dh has lots of cash on him as he bought something for a friend. That'll pay for bits this week and next.

Anyway, yay!! 6 days to go!! Off to town later with our friends that are staying. Well wander around the Christmas stuff and go for burgers at Byron.

Tomorrow dh has to pop into London for a meeting but then that's it till the new year. Woohoo!!

HairsprayBabe Sun 18-Dec-16 08:14:22

We get paid on the 20th weirdly, so I am trying to save any last bits till then, wr do have 2 incomes but dps all goes immediatly into our house deposit fund and then we just live off mine, all joint accounts so no risk of one of us running off with the cash!
I dont have any more on my list to buy and we both finished our wrapping yesterday... but i know myself and I am sure something will catch my eye !

Mummyreindeerlegz Sun 18-Dec-16 08:35:16

I've just got a turkey and sprouts to buy :-)

I have no idea when dh gets paid, he may not know either!

HairsprayBabe Sun 18-Dec-16 09:38:44

Im off to my mothers for the big day and she still refuses to let me contribute to the christmas budget even though I am a fully grown adult in reasonably well paid employment!

MrsDilligaf Sun 18-Dec-16 18:13:54

I get paid on 23rd. It's usually the 25th so it won't be too bad in January. Amazingly I've got all the Christmas food paid for so December pay packet is MINE!! ALL MINE!! <evil cackle> fgrin

Martha and I have been in our pj's all day. DH is taking her off my hands tomorrow so I can get those final "tart up the house" jobs done. The list is as long as my arm but I will get so much done if she's not hanging off the Christmas Tree.

Also DH has yet to buy my present... fhmm I already know that I won't be getting anything from Pandora as he said they were operating a queuing system to get in the shop!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 18-Dec-16 18:34:05

Took DH out food shopping (he was fhmm as you can guess), got all the pantry/freezer except ground almonds (which I need for marzipan) .

So just need to do a last minute fresh food/chicken (DC won't eat a whole turkey) food shop.

Our 'Cards Against Humanity' game arrived so I'm roping everyone in for a game on Christmas Eve fgrin

Mummyreindeerlegz Sun 18-Dec-16 19:19:55

You do know quite how "adult" it is? We enjoy it, but I've had Friends leave half way though a game fblush If you are of the right mind set it is fun.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 18-Dec-16 22:16:07

My DC are teenagers Mummy fgrin they know more than I do about most things (especially rude things)
DH and I are up for the challenge !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: