Talk

Advanced search

How do you present your Dc Xmas presents?

(33 Posts)
cookieswirls Fri 16-Dec-16 14:35:51

Also do you do it whilst they are sleeping Xmas eve or in the morning? I've always clumsily struggled at about midnight to transition the presents from hiding places to Xmas tree but this year I was hoping someone can share with me any genius ways they do it without waking Dc in the progress fsmile

MsHybridFanGirl Fri 16-Dec-16 15:17:22

Stocking at end of bed when I go to bed (around 12-1am) and santa presents out of loft and downstairs once DD in bed

ChristmasEvePJs Fri 16-Dec-16 16:34:58

Everything is wrapped and stored in the cupboard under the stairs (blocked by a big christmas tree) in bags ready to place under the tree when the kids are in bed. Stocking gifts are wrapped in tissue paper and in a different carrier for each person ready to be tipped in. Stockings are lest at the foot of our (mum and dad's) bed to unwrap together in the morning.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 16-Dec-16 16:39:43

I use those giant gift bags and have everything wrapped and packed in the bag and hidden behind the door in the spare room so it just needs brought down when kids are sleeping/in their rooms (now have teenagers).

We used to do the stocking switcheroo, 2 sets of stockings and empty ones are swapped with full ones on the way to bed. Prior to and after that, I just had the contents of each stocking in a bag and collected the stockings and poured in the contents of the bag and hung them up again (on outside bedroom door handle).

Dionysuss Fri 16-Dec-16 16:50:33

At the minute everything is wrapped and hidden in wardrobes inside pillow cases and duvet covers. They don't rustle so I can move like a ninja in complete silence without waking anyone.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 16-Dec-16 16:53:52

Ours are all under the tree once wrapped, the joys of having older childrengrin

We used to have to wait until they'd gone to sleep and get all the stuff out the loft, which is right outside their bedrooms. Nightmare!

I've hidden their stocking pressies in my wardrobe but even they stay downstairs now so we'll pack their stockings Christmas Eve and that'll be it.

Randytortoise Fri 16-Dec-16 16:55:38

2 sets of stocking!!! that's an amazing idea! Definitely doing that this year!

Maverick66 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:57:18

When DC were young DH took them out on Christmas Eve for an or so and I would remove presents from hiding places and put them all in garage until DC were in bed.

MiladyThesaurus Fri 16-Dec-16 16:58:49

We keep the stockings downstairs so there's no need to ninja your way into a bedroom to try to fill a stocking.

I just put everything under the tree and fill the stockings before I go to bed on Christmas Eve. That's one of my favourite bits of Christmas.

PurpleTraitor Fri 16-Dec-16 17:02:11

They are under the tree, now, wrapped. Always have been, it's the easiest place to hide them in plain sight. Why can't they be under the tree?

Stocking stuff is ninjaed into bedrooms as we go to bed, I ninja in, remove the stocking and ninja it back in again.

Notso Fri 16-Dec-16 17:09:00

Once wrapped all the presents go in the cellar. The kids put sacks in the front room for Father Christmas which get filled and then stocking hung on door handles or at the foot of the bed if I feel brave.

Purple because burglars! Someone stole all the tree presents from my Grandparents once a few days before Christmas. Apparantly it's quite a common occurance. Plus DH and I don't buy the kids presents FC does.

cookieswirls Fri 16-Dec-16 17:29:59

Completely agree notso not risking the presents getting burgled. I did think about duplicate stockings but that's just gonna get expensive for 3 kids.

CozumelFox Fri 16-Dec-16 18:22:21

The gifts are wrapped and stored in boxes on top of the wardrobe. For some inexplicable reason the children have never noticed this incredible hiding place. No idea what I'm going to do once they do.

Once they're asleep I take the boxes downstairs. Their stockings are hung on their bedroom doorknobs because there's nowhere at the foot of the bed to do so, and it's just easier for me.

Make two little piles by the fireplace.

Fill stockings.

Eat Santa snacks, because I am Santa.

Gifts in pillowcases and having two stockings is GENIUS!!

CozumelFox Fri 16-Dec-16 18:23:54

I like gifts under the tree but yeah, tree/gift burglaries are very common here. They just smash the windows in.

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Fri 16-Dec-16 18:27:18

I use pound shop stockings so I can do the duplicate stocking thing- 4 kids here!

ohidoliketobe Fri 16-Dec-16 18:37:52

Currently in bin bags in the garage. Prior to wrapping some stuff was hidden in suitcases at top of our wardrobes. PIL have offered to store stuff in their loft and either drop off or have ready for DHto nip and collect on xmas eve after bedtime. Only 10 mins away. My Gran used to do this when me and my cousins were little.

Haudyerwheesht Fri 16-Dec-16 23:20:24

A few go under the tree as soon as the tree goes up - just to look nice!

The rest get brought out on Xmas eve after bedtime - all jumbled up under the tree so no separate place for each person iyswim? Means any discrepancies in piles aren't noticeable!

Stocking are kept downstairs on the fire place and those with one present from Santa from their list are on the hearth.
We open those first and we fill them once the kids are ASLEEP. Although ds is known to wake up at 9pm asking if it's morning so we have to be careful...shock

Hulababy Fri 16-Dec-16 23:29:24

Father Christmas only brings one biggish item here, and we don't do stockings. Dd is a teen now but was always same and she still likes a Santa present ;)

So all gifts go under the tree once wrapped. But Father Christmas delivers his gift on Christmas Eve after she's in bed asleep. She still insists on leaving out a drink and treat too smile

When smaller especially I sometimes held back some more obviously shaped or bigger items til then too to avoid too much under the tree.

Ohyesiam Fri 16-Dec-16 23:32:08

Is a ritual that we all bring our presents down and put them r tree before kids go to bed, then I ninja the stockings in over night.

Hulababy Fri 16-Dec-16 23:32:55

Re burglars - our tree is in the first floor so up a flight of stairs and we have an alarm too . Plus we leave random lights on at different times and days when we're out. So if anyone breaks in the alarm goes off immediately and they'd normally run before getting upstairs - hopefully anyway.

Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Fri 16-Dec-16 23:36:29

Kids get a stocking plus a tree present. Presents from relatives we won't see in person also go under the tree. Stockings are left downstairs and we fill them once the kids are in bed.

blibblibs Fri 16-Dec-16 23:37:35

Presents from family go under the tree when DM arrived a few days before the big day. Santa presents and stocking are left in separate piles on the sofa when we go to bed on Xmas eve. They're currently in two suitcases in the bedroom but since we haven't long moved the DC haven't noticed them and they still believe so no hunting for the presents yet. Maybe next year!

Juanbablo Sat 17-Dec-16 07:11:37

Sacks are laid by the tree before bed. Once dcs all asleep we bring all presents down from our room and put them in the correct sacks. Non- Santa presents get put under the tree as and when they are ready. Will have to build ds2's kitchen on Xmas eve after he is in bed. Could be a nightmare.

Clankboing Sat 17-Dec-16 07:22:05

I put a sack for each person in the garage. As I wrap each one it gets put in the sack. On xmas eve then have to wait until all asleep then take sacks into lounge.

cookieswirls Sat 17-Dec-16 09:00:53

Luckily this year we don't have anything to assemble smile I know from previous years that can take a good few hours of your night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now