Talk

Advanced search

Present for 14yo fallen though. Need inspiration.

(20 Posts)
AChickenCalledKorma Wed 14-Dec-16 22:37:32

She's my own daughter so I should have some ideas, but I don't. And neither does she.

Not interested in make up or fashion. Not even slightly.

She likes camping, writing and playing music, scouts, science. Also cooking, but she's had quite a few cookery gifts over the years. Already got all the tech she wants. But her little sister is getting a laptop so we need something with a bit of wow factor so she doesn't sulk in a corner.

Budget £50-£100. She's 14 and in year 10.

neddle Wed 14-Dec-16 22:39:43

Could you stretch to an Amazon Echo? My 15yo Y10 daughter is getting one for her main present but not a lot else as she doesn't need anything.

traviata Wed 14-Dec-16 22:47:04

guitar, keyboards, drum kit
USB microscope
tickets to something
telescope
bike

SpencerHastings Wed 14-Dec-16 22:48:23

Instax mini 8 instant camera? Really really good fun!

BlueBlueSkies Wed 14-Dec-16 22:48:44

I know you said she is not interested in fashion, but maybe a nice pair of knee high boots. I am thinking of some for my DD 15, to wear with jeans.

It is difficult, I am struggling a bit with mine. Especially when I go into her room and see all the stuff she has strewn about the place.

gleam Wed 14-Dec-16 22:49:53

Virtual Reality headset?

gleam Wed 14-Dec-16 22:52:07

Kelly kettle?

TrinityForce Wed 14-Dec-16 22:55:35

Does she like reading along with writing, OP? A Kindle may go down well if so.

catsofa Wed 14-Dec-16 22:55:39

Does she already have a good quality inflatable camping mat? Thermarest are good for example, I've got the women's Prolite. Seriously awesome bit of camping kit.

TrinityForce Wed 14-Dec-16 22:56:01

Sorry I misread as 'writing' and 'music' as separate, when they weren't, apologies!

PianoCat Wed 14-Dec-16 22:56:29

Have you seen the illuminated apparel t-shirts - think that meets criteria of techy and would be pretty cool on Christmas Day and if she's into games something like carcassonne?

YesThisIsMe Wed 14-Dec-16 23:02:14

Getting my DD an Instax as well - but she specifically asked for it, and had consistently wanted one for months. It's a bit of an expensive gift if she doesn't particularly fancy it.

If your DD likes playing music then there will probably be a specific bit of kit she'll want along in a minute, so I'd go for a couple of bits of fun stuff and a chunky Amazon voucher.

I'd highly recommend What If as a stocking filler for science minded teens.

DonkeyOaty Wed 14-Dec-16 23:04:40

Firesteel + inflatable mat

AChickenCalledKorma Thu 15-Dec-16 18:48:57

Good ideas here! Still thinking but I feel like I have a lot more things to think about now. Thanks!

booellesmum Thu 15-Dec-16 18:50:49

Zoo experience?

coxsorangepippin Thu 15-Dec-16 19:04:04

Seconding the kelly kettle! Love mine, it fits with scouts, camping, and cooking, and it's just fun to play with fire

MelchettsTinslyMoustache Thu 15-Dec-16 21:47:01

Driving experience? DS has recently driven an Audi R8 which has turned his mates green with envy, and will be getting a stunt driving experience next 🏎

ToastyFingers Fri 16-Dec-16 17:58:26

If she can be trusted with fire, the biolite stove is an awesome piece of camping kit.

goodapple Fri 16-Dec-16 18:16:31

Big ticket items my teen DDs are wanting...
Fit bit
Bluetooth speaker
GoPro
Expensive trainers

butterflymum Fri 16-Dec-16 18:22:34

As a small additional gift for her, you could consider a Friendly Swede or Polymar Products Paracord Kit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now