Talk

Advanced search

I fucking twitched!!!

(55 Posts)
Ginmakesitallok Wed 14-Dec-16 10:36:56

All shopping done. Done done done done done. Except I've just ordered a £75 necklace for dd1 (she had an op last week and I feel so sorry for her)

Right - that's it. Done! Done done done done done.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 14-Dec-16 10:38:02

Yeah right. 'Course you're done. Week and a half to go yet. grin

Maudlinmaud Wed 14-Dec-16 10:39:54

Haven't started. Does that make you panic?
Actually I am starting to twitch a little myself now fshock

HallowedMimic Wed 14-Dec-16 10:41:44

Awww, c'mon... Now thirty five people will read this and panic buy necklaces.

A few more will decide they need ear rings to match, and before you know it this thread will be 234 posts long with people wondering if a magazine subscription will equal a bracelet. fgrin

I twitched and bought a Meccano robot. fblush

Ginmakesitallok Wed 14-Dec-16 10:42:38

No I'M DONE I TELL YOU!! (apart from a couple of wee things for their stockings, but that doesn't count...)

GrandmaGotRunOverByAReindeer Wed 14-Dec-16 10:42:48

Yeah I'm done as well.

Absolutely did not just spend £50 on new bedding

Gingerbreadmam Wed 14-Dec-16 10:46:58

I think im going to twitch on an echo dot if budget allows! Oh god im actually planning a twitch. Ffs!

Buscake Wed 14-Dec-16 10:48:03

I twitched and bought a punnet of chocolate truffles that look like sprouts grin

NotAPuffin Wed 14-Dec-16 10:50:15

We twitched and bought DD a gigantic stuffed horse. It evens thing out somewhat though because DS is getting a huge Power Rangers Megazord and she didn't have anything as huge. That matters when you're 6, right?

ILoveDolly Wed 14-Dec-16 10:50:47

Is twitching when you go off plan and buy a totally unneccesary present.
Because I just bought a shower radio for no real reason.
I do need one or two more tiny things but mostly finished....

In my house what this means is that in 9 days time my husband will reveal he has bought none of the things on his list

Ginmakesitallok Wed 14-Dec-16 10:52:52

Earrings....earrings...

No - she doesn't have her ears pierced she doesn't need earrings!

ALemonyPea Wed 14-Dec-16 10:53:23

I've not twitched, not once 😇

But, I've yet to wrap presents, and I know once I've done that I may succumb to my inner twitcher and go mad.

realwoodlogs Wed 14-Dec-16 10:53:44

Never heard the term twitch before (in this context) but it perfectly describes me.

I'm such a twitcher. I bought most presents a week or so ago, yet keep thinking I need to get more!

toastymarshmallow Wed 14-Dec-16 10:56:19

I just twitched and bought DH a laptop. A fucking laptop.

We were planning on getting it in the new year anyway, as his old one has died, but I thought, what a lovely surprise it would be.

FFS.

I am still not done either. I have to go shopping twice more and there is no telling what I will buy next. I already am over budget for the DCs.

lollyj84 Wed 14-Dec-16 11:17:49

I haven't twitched yet but i can feel it coming on. fhmm

CremeBrulee Wed 14-Dec-16 11:21:59

I think I'm mostly done but DS9 has just asked for 'board games' he hasn't actually asked for anything else at all so I feel I need to get something else. Trouble is, we're a family of board gamers and have pretty much all the usual suspects and a lot of the unusual ones too.

Back to google for me...

Whyamihere Wed 14-Dec-16 11:37:40

I twitched big time and bought dd an Apple Mac!!!!!! In my defence she desperately needs a new laptop and she was saving up for it herself but it would have taken her the next few years to save (and more), plus I split from dh this year and she's been absolutely brilliant so I wanted to treat her, I can't wait for her to open it and realise what she's got. (also we won't have all the hassle every time she has online homework and a laptop that doesn't work efficiently - hopefully).

JustSpeakSense Wed 14-Dec-16 12:17:38

I feel a twitch coming on....I can't resist it

popcornpaws Wed 14-Dec-16 12:40:52

Your Apple Mac will be the best present ever! But be aware, now she won't ever settle for a different brand, they are fantastic!

My shopping is done, gifts wrapped, if only i wouldn't keep receiving emails with great offers to tempt me...

Edhilaria Wed 14-Dec-16 12:45:12

Just twitched and spent 50 quid on 2 bobby brown brushes. Wtf, 50 quid. I need an intervention.

JennyOnAPlate Wed 14-Dec-16 12:48:06

I've twitched every day for the last week. It's that damn Buy it Now button on Amazon.

Bumbumtaloo Wed 14-Dec-16 12:51:34

I have been finished for ages, all wrapped ready to go but.....

I twitched and got DH some pants! (Well boxer shorts) he doesn't need pants, I don't know why I bought them but I did and they will be here tomorrow fgrin

I 100% must not buy another thing.....

BiddyPop Wed 14-Dec-16 12:53:08

OK, I need sweets and fruit for the stocking (I just remembered that now!).

I need 5 more presents for relatives.

And I need to order something for DM - actually, I am going to text her again as I need answers or will go ahead on my own....

MycatsaPirate Wed 14-Dec-16 12:55:56

I twitched last week after a friend of mine posted a link to his new gf's paintings. I fell in love with a painting of a poppy, ordered it for DP and it arrived the next day.

I gave it to him that day. So twitched and didn't even save it for Christmas.

But I'm done. I have bought and wrapped everything. Stockings are sorted, food is bought and/or ordered and I am buying nothing more.

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 14-Dec-16 14:44:57

I've done but thinking about twitching for the baby as he has much less than his older brother, he's 5 months old ffs he'll never know! fhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now