Talk

Advanced search

Hair crimpers for an 8 year old??!

(7 Posts)
tassisssss Mon 12-Dec-16 12:39:56

My 8 year old who is a nightmare to buy for on account of only wanting pink plastic tatt (preferably shopkins) has asked for hair crimpers. I confess to not even knowing what these are and am a bit bamboozled by my quick amazon search.

Can anyone help??!

tassisssss Wed 14-Dec-16 22:15:00

No-one??

Lilicat1013 Wed 14-Dec-16 23:19:22

It has been a long time since I've used crimpers but I would think they wouldn't be something she could use unsupervised. Hair things can get quite hot and you need to be careful about ensuring they're turned off. It would be wise to get a heat proof mat to put them on.

This set has a crimping attatchment and loads of others which she would probably find fun
Crimper
It is aimed at adults though so will get hot, it will work better than one aimed at kids though. you might have to explain it is something you do with her.

AutumnalLeaves38 Thu 15-Dec-16 11:16:32

Happy childhood memories of my Aunt and I amusing ourselves for an hour on Boxing Day with my new crimper: this (all the rage in the early 1980s!).

I was your DD's age, and was thereafter only allowed to use it under adult supervision (got a little too enthusiastically experimental on 4 yr old younger brother). fblush

And sensible advice from Lilicat re getting her an accompanying heatproof mat.
She and her friends will have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure.

tassisssss Fri 16-Dec-16 09:39:31

Gosh yes there is NO WAY she'd be allowed to use them on her own! So it'll be mummy and daughter bonding oh yeah!

Heatproof mat is a good idea. Lilicat those are the very ones I'm poised to buy...

Thanks!

youokayhun Fri 16-Dec-16 09:53:47

And pleeeeease protect her hair. I've abused my hair with straighteners/curlers and crimpers (on the roots) and my hair is beyond awful now and I'm full of regret!! X

frami Fri 16-Dec-16 09:57:11

My daughter had these from about same age. I always did the hair for her and it was something kept for special occasions to protect the hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now