Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Don't takeaways do gift vouchers anymore?

(10 Posts)
EcclefechanTart Fri 09-Dec-16 12:24:17

I bought a gift card from, I think, Just Eat for a friend with a new baby a couple of Christmases ago, and it was very well-received, but I can't seem to find any online takeaway firms that do them this year. Am I missing something? Does anyone know of any?

Thanks!

RoseDog Fri 09-Dec-16 12:28:43

Don't use pizza hut, we were given a pizza hut voucher but it was so restricted it was awful, we couldn't use it online, only instore or phone and collect, you couldn't use it on meal deals or special offers, only a limited menu, we ended up having to pay a fortune for a meal that was supposed to be a gift!

Just Eat vouchers would be fabulous, I never knew they used to exist.

EcclefechanTart Fri 09-Dec-16 12:32:09

Thanks for the warning! I will avoid Pizza Hut.

I'm not certain it was Just Eat - might have been Hungry House. But this year I can't find any, except for food you order in advance and heat up yourself (Cook, etc). Anyone tried those?

DramaInPyjamas Fri 09-Dec-16 12:36:38

Just Eat told me on Twitter a while back that they don't do gift cards, and never have - I'm positive that they did them at one point as well.

Watching this thread for replies as it's such a handy present when you can't think of anything else!

EcclefechanTart Sat 10-Dec-16 11:10:39

Bumping to see if anyone has tried Cook or other similar services, where they deliver chilled meals to heat up? Are they any better than just buying ready meals from the supermarket (not something I would choose as a Christmas gift!)?

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Sat 10-Dec-16 16:31:34

No idea about cook, but you can buy hungry house gift vouchers on zeek

starsinyourpies Sat 10-Dec-16 18:07:40

Never used vouchers with them but Cook meals are great and new parents get an extra 10% off!

Blankiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 22:17:41

You can get Nandos gift vouchers.

LillyLollyLandy Sat 10-Dec-16 22:26:44

Cook meals are fabulous.

Clarina Sat 11-Feb-17 19:02:16

Hi. I know this thread is a couple of months old but trying to get a take away voucher for a friend who is unwell. Deliveroo & Just Eat have said they don't do them (missing a trick there). I found the Hungry House vouchers on Zeek but Hungry House say they are not valid/have expired? Has anyone purchased them, and they worked? Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now